A Khata vs B Khata

jayateerthrk

Re: A Khata vs B Khata

Post by jayateerthrk »

Yes, please give the details. It will help people like me !
rangavittala

Post by rangavittala »

only you will get A khata for undivided converted land by paying betterment charges, not for indivual sites. B khata is only useful for registration purpose, mostly banks will not give loan for plot/house.
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

Venu is not the only one who got A katha for a DC converted layout. Even I got A katha for my site that located off Bannerugatta road that was prev approved by CMC or VP in begur. I heard that land developer had already paid betterment charges in the past so I don't have to pay anything. I can get bank loans on this site as well.

I have come accros at least 50 sites across 10 diff layouts in blr south that had A katha that didn't have A katha 2 years ago. I'm really surprised that you guys are still struggling to get A Katha. I guess you must be from outside of KA and don't know how to deal/communicate with BBMP offcials. Be ready to spend 8-10K including all govt and non-govt fees to get this A katha.

If its revenue site then you are out of luck. If it has CMC/VP approval and DC convered with out any litigations in the court then I don't see any problem.
godisgood

Post by godisgood »

Isnt it ironic that there are 5-6 approving authorities in bangalore like BDA BBMP BMRDA BIAPPA etc etc and still there is so much confusion over a residential land?
I have come across many good plots but finally backed out just because it was unclear to me whether i can get all approvals once i buy.

@BengaluruBoy how did u buy a plot with no approval with the confidence that you can get khata etc later? I envy u ;)
Do u know anyone who does these kinds of things like getting info from BDA offices, approvals etc?

PS: Hope the tone of my words is right. I am just trying to know if there is anyway to confidently buy some property knowing that there wont be problems later. Please dont take it in a negative sense.
jayateerthrk

Post by jayateerthrk »

@ BengaluruBoy: Its encouraging to know about the details provided by you. I guess the developers have to pay the betterment charges for the whole layout. Then only BBMP may issue A khata for the individal plots. Am I right? Also 8-10K including govt. fees is something handy right? Somewhere I have seen a post mentioning that people are asking money in lacs...
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

godisgood wrote:Isnt it ironic that there are 5-6 approving authorities in bangalore like BDA BBMP BMRDA BIAPPA etc etc and still there is so much confusion over a residential land?
I have come across many good plots but finally backed out just because it was unclear to me whether i can get all approvals once i buy.

@BengaluruBoy how did u buy a plot with no approval with the confidence that you can get khata etc later? I envy u ;)
Do u know anyone who does these kinds of things like getting info from BDA offices, approvals etc?

PS: Hope the tone of my words is right. I am just trying to know if there is anyway to confidently buy some property knowing that there wont be problems later. Please dont take it in a negative sense.
It had an approval from CMC earlier and had DC conversion. So I bought them with out loan.

@Jay

Yes, 8-10K is reasonable to get A katha. I just got hold of developers realtive in that area and he took care of that. Mine is not the only Katha done in that layout. I may be one ofthe last few people who go A katha in that area. Earlier the fee was 14k and now reduced to 8K ( Hazare effect) :)
godisgood

Post by godisgood »

These things always go over my head :-( . Hopefully things will become simpler for me as I dig further. Also hopefully the 'Hazare effect' will make the 'fees' zero :-)
csat

Post by csat »

@BengaluruBoy » 05 May 2011, 17:55 " Venu is not the only one who got A katha for a DC converted layout. Even I got A katha for my site that located off Bannerugatta road that was prev approved by CMC or VP in begur. I heard that land developer had already paid betterment charges in the past so I don't have to pay anything. I can get bank loans on this site as well. I have come accros at least 50 sites across 10 diff layouts in blr south that had A katha that didn't have A katha 2 years ago. I'm really surprised that you guys are still struggling to get A Katha. I guess you must be from outside of KA and don't know how to deal/communicate with BBMP offcials. Be ready to spend 8-10K including all govt and non-govt fees to get this A katha. If its revenue site then you are out of luck. If it has CMC/VP approval and DC convered with out any litigations in the court then I don't see any problem.BengaluruBoy"

Speaking to govt authority and language is not a problem for me! :) But it isn't helping at all, even though the site is carved out of a DC converted piece of bigger land (bigger land already has a A Khata). The issue is this - the circular issued in feb 2'nd week of feb has 7 categories listed for which khata will be provided. And that clearly states that sites carved out a bigger DC converted land will not be given A khata unless the layout has a BDA approval.

Regarding your experiences - I feel the differentiator could be what you call "CMC approval". Which means, there are technical grounds which are beyond the current circular (with 7 categories) that has helped you guys in bennarghatta road.

After the initial hiccups in feb, now the BBMP official are quite clear about what properties qualify for A khata in newer zones (like sarjapur road). I can't find another guy, technically with the same status of site, who has got A KHata. I am waiting to exactly understand the technical grounds to see if that applies to people like me.
jayateerthrk

Post by jayateerthrk »

There seems to be many technical issues hidden in the circular issued in Feb'11. So do you mean to say that if a layout (having A khata) is having only BDA NOC & not BDA approved will not get A khata for the plots carved out of this land?
csat

Post by csat »

jayateerthrk wrote:There seems to be many technical issues hidden in the circular issued in Feb'11. So do you mean to say that if a layout (having A khata) is having only BDA NOC & not BDA approved will not get A khata for the plots carved out of this land?
Good question - but what is the answer (as I don't know)? :( And also have the above cases also opened up in the current bbmp proposal (by paying improvement charges) as part of 7 categories?

Return to “Regularisation”