West facing 30/40 g+2 plan required

catchmesachin

West facing 30/40 g+2 plan required

Post by catchmesachin »

Hi,

I am currently looking for a g+2 plan on my West facing 30/40 plot.

I wish to have 2 car parking with a small 1bhk house on rent purpose in ground floor.

Next 2 floors for self living.

Please suggest good plans. And also plz tell the rates of hiring a good labour contractor.
ganeshncm

Re: West facing 30/40 g+2 plan required

Post by ganeshncm »

My suggestion, get an architect to plan it well. Don't involve for oversight, but just get a detailed plan, including plumbing, electrical, structural etc

You would also need a plan for approval and for actual construction. Please note that plan might need to change by about 20% while execution, as you will see some practical difficulties during execution..

Labor construction, civil, these days it is running between 33K to 38k per square.
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

Can u plz share any good architect number who can help me in designing a good plan. I shall be constructing the house with a labour contractor. How much will the architect charge for putting the plan and giving it???

Also it would be of great help if someone can share their house plan.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

I can surely share. Please note their limitations.

Type 1 : Some of them just give you the drawings. They do not come and verify whether it has been implemented effectively. Depending on the drawings you need, it might cost you anywhere between 20k and 50k.

Type 2: These architects give you drawings, will come and inspect the site at certain times, usually after the civil work is done. They do offer structural drawings, but they do not provide an engineer to verify. Also, they do not coordinate different people, such as electrician, plumber, civil contractor etc. These guys charge something like to 2% to 3% of the total estimated cost.

Type 3: They give you drawings, offer inspection and monitor work too plus do some minimal coordination. They charge between 5 to 8% of the estimated cost, and the challenge is, they also recommend/push their favorite material distributor, who gives them an additional cut, so all material costs go up. You can avoid those vendors, but then, architect loses interest in your project.

Please decide on what you want them to do. Coordination among different people is key, which many architects won't do, in a labour contract mode. If you give them turnkey, they make about 10 to 15% of the total cost as profit directly or indirectly

My take, get a Type 1 if you can do some reading/learning yourself, coordinate different folks, and are flexible on when you want to complete the work.

For house plan, just do google image search with your site dimension and site facing direction, you will get hundreds of them..
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

Thanks for ur reply. It would be of great help if u can share some sample plans. My WhatsApp number is 9600490145
navhe

Post by navhe »

Hi catchmesachin,
i shared some sample floor plans for your reference.
Which area your site is located? Better to find a good architect nearby and start discussion.
Some tips :
Spend enough time to get your floor plans right. Draw multiple drawings, compare, review. it takes multiple iterations to finalize the plan.
Go watch out for similar houses under construction.
Get some 3d images of your drawings and feel it - there is lot of difference btw plan on paper and 3d actual.
Don't be limited by vaastu. Design it as per modern living styles and preferences.
Don't make it very specific to your own and short term requirements. House should be planned for next 100 years.
It is worth to pay 3% of your budget for a good architect - remember all the money your are spending will finally take the form of your plan. Architectural mistakes cannot be corrected later.

all the best.
Attachments
FP Images.zip
(127.69 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
Armchair_general

Post by Armchair_general »

catchmesachin wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 11:45 pm
Can u plz share any good architect number who can help me in designing a good plan. I shall be constructing the house with a labour contractor. How much will the architect charge for putting the plan and giving it???

Also it would be of great help if someone can share their house plan.
Please get a tier 2 architect willing to listen to your problems and work with you.

Find a architect.
Get soil testing done.
Architect will give the BoQ.
Based on the BoQ, find a contractor willing to work with you.

Many folks I know now regret not having a architect as they are remorseful when the house construction gets completed. So much space wastage and quality of life is compromised.

Just checking on facebook and internet you will find good architects in the location you are planning the project.
Raju091117

Post by Raju091117 »

ganeshncm wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 3:38 pm
My suggestion, get an architect to plan it well. Don't involve for oversight, but just get a detailed plan, including plumbing, electrical, structural etc

You would also need a plan for approval and for actual construction. Please note that plan might need to change by about 20% while execution, as you will see some practical difficulties during execution..

Labor construction, civil, these days it is running between 33K to 38k per square.

Hi sir,

How much we have pay to BDA/BBMP agent
For builiding plan approval?

Muniraj

Return to “Civil Construction”