Need Advice - Vaastu Question on Kitchen

avipnv

Need Advice - Vaastu Question on Kitchen

Post by avipnv »

Hi Friends,

We have a kitchen placed in the NW corner (2 most position) as per Vaastu, first position being SE (Agni Corner), but am confused
where to keep position of Stove and Sink. Mason and Contractors are not sure of this, and Vaastu Consultants online are confusing.

If any one has similar position, kindly suggest, as wrong Kitchen cooking facing can bring illness to lady of the house and bad luck to people living in it.

Attaching the layout

Thanks
Avinash
Attachments
kitchen_pos.png
msn1270

Re: Need Advice - Vaastu Question on Kitchen

Post by msn1270 »

Avinash

Please do not give much importance for all these things. Vaastu is basically an ancient idea to ensure ample natural Air and sun light inside the house. People not even leaving the prescribed 1 mtr set back around the house to get sufficient natural light and Air and want to strictly follow Vaastu makes no sense. Branding anything as Auspicious or inauspicious in the name of Vaastu is myth. Just 20 years back, no one had heard about the domain vaastu. people are living in this earth from past 1000's of years and experienced good things as well as bad things. As we all know, earth rotates from west to east everyday, that's why we experience day & night. So the so called direction of a building in morning will be exactly opposite in the evening. So it makes no sense to relate it to Vaastu for every good/bad thing happening of our daily activities.

More over Vaastu principle itself changes from one adviser to another. From one district to another or one state to another. Best example is whenever any minister gets a Bungalow in Bengaluru, each Minister renovates the Bungalow as per His Vaastu belief. Still he can't live there for more than 5 years in that Bungalow.

Just have amenities whatever you want for your comfort. That's what even the good samaritans advises people.
https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/wisdom/ ... -necessary
Last edited by msn1270 on November 29th, 2019, 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

According to Vaastu , while cooking one has to face east
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,Avinash
My suggestion as an architect is North side in your case . The simple reason is that east side morning sunlight ( in your case lift is completely blocking )
and you have only one window on west side for such a large kitchen .
1.If you keep to east side since there is no window i wonder how to keep the stove area hygiene, with no sun light it will just breed bacteria sufficient enough to create reoccurring health problems.
2.If you keep to west with only one window and no place to mount chimney will lead to lot of smoke and oil vapors that can act as magnets for fine dust to settle on top of all utensils over a period of time and leading to health problems.
Keeping to north will give the person to access both sides of the stove areas with ample space to use it as preparation space and prepared space on each side. At the same time having sink below the west window will help to dry the sink soon which is the major place for algae formation.
Aesthetically kitchen looks amazing with north wall. After opting for alternate construction technology ( rammed earth, exposed porothem blocks ), that symbolize living in natural format. I don't see necesscity to worry about vaastu

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr/
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi,Avinash

1.If you keep to east side since there is no window i wonder how to keep the stove area hygiene, with no sun light it will just breed bacteria sufficient enough to create reoccurring health problems.
Well if he puts cooking Hob and Chimney as given in the drawing on the East side ( adjacent to lift )and open a large window in north wall and run a PVC pipe for Chimney exhaust + an exhaust fan close to ceiling level above window in North won't it be better ?
Northern light can enter from window and fall on both parts of L shape platform.

Also in my opinion Cooking Hob should not be placed in front of a window as you can't have a larger splash back and also strong air currents can put out gas flame when kept at low setting and create some dangerous situations.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Visualizer wrote:
ardesarchitects wrote:Hi,Avinash

Well if he puts cooking Hob and Chimney as given in the drawing on the East side ( adjacent to lift )and open a large window in north wall and run a PVC pipe for Chimney exhaust + an exhaust fan close to ceiling level above window in North won't it be better ?
Northern light can enter from window and fall on both parts of L shape platform.

Also in my opinion Cooking Hob should not be placed in front of a window as you can't have a larger splash back and also strong air currents can put out gas flame when kept at low setting and create some dangerous situations.
Hi,
As per avinash drawing it looks like North side is to the boundary wall, so the option of opening on north side is not considered. The suggestions given are with out any alteration to the existing structure.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects/
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Thank you, all for your kind advice and explaining the science, yes the north is the boundary wall, i would not be able to make any structure changes on this now. i have decided to go with east face cooking zone and sink on the north side. Hope this works well for me.

I have swapped the rammed earth wall with porotherm blocks, as it formed cracks overtime and was not feasible for plastering from inside, as the cement wont stick to mud, even though chicken meshing was given and caused air-gap.

Thanks
Avinash
Attachments
IMG_2935.JPG
IMG_2935.JPG (225.88 KiB) Viewed 7062 times

Return to “Civil Construction”