House Construction - Experience

murali219

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by murali219 »

swamy_blr wrote:Hi Friends,

From Last 2 Weeks, some progress has been made to my house construction, here are some updates.

1) Mud filling + PCC (using 40mm Jelly) has been put upto Plinth beam
rgds
Swamy
Hi Swamy,

After mud filling, for PCC how many bags of cement was used. For my house construction(41X45 site) mestry is telling 40 bags will be required but
engineer told 80 bags required. In between some body told my father that they can finish the work with 10 bags.

engineer suggested to fill 6 inch height with PCC 40mm jelly to come tillplinth beam height. Got confused who is telling right..

can you tell me how many bags (approx) you used for your site?
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Muruli,

We don't know about your Plan, Cement Quantity is depending on how many Columns are planned and size of Columns as well.
Usually PCC will be only 4 Inches only, If Engineer is suggesting for 6 Inches then it might increase extra Cement. Don't think it will be finished with 10 Bags whoever has told. From my experience it will be around 25 Bags for 12 Columns

Ensure the mixture (Jelly/Cement/Water/Sand) to be done Outside like Concrete Mix and then Pour into Columns, Usually Labour Dump the items separately - First Sand - Jelly - Cement - Water, actually this will not mix properly and don't allow them to do like this, Set your expectations right from Beginning.

Is it Material Contract or Labour Contract, If it is Material contract then Contractor will definitely reduce the No of Cement Bags.

rgds
Swamy
murali219

Post by murali219 »

HI Swamy,

It is labor contract only. Total columns are 15 of different sizes.Fine, will observe that the right mixture quantity is added or not.
Thanks for the information
murali219

Post by murali219 »

murali219 wrote:HI Swamy,

It is labor contract only. Total columns are 15 of different sizes.Fine, will observe that the right mixture quantity is added or not.
Thanks for the information
Hi Swamy,

Took 45 bags for the PCC.

Next step is wall construction..Looks like you used wire cut bricks, do you have the contact point?. One number you have provided in earlier post, but it is telling wrong number..

We visited two companies in malur, but they can deliver only 4000 bricks per week.. so we thought of procuring from other source too..

If you have any contact point, please let me know.

Thank you.
yssreddy

Post by yssreddy »

Hi,

I am planning to start G+3 , with 1BHKs of four in 1/2/3 Floor with G Floor for parking in 40'X60; west facing site. Please provide approximate unit rates for each of the construction material for my estimates and comparison. This is for rental purpose.

Thanks & regards
YSS Reddy
goutam_d

Post by goutam_d »

Dear Expert,

Please suggest any good Jaguar Bathroom fittings dealer at South Bangalore..

How much discount generally I can expect for Jaguar continental bathroom fittings?

Regards,
Goutam
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Goutam ,

M.P Ceramics , Address: 80 Feet Rd, 2nd Phase, Hosakerehalli Layout, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Banashankari, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560085, India
i think are located many place but i visited this one with our Engineer .. if u go with the know person u may get upto 30% discount .

+ve is 100 % online payment , multiple choices
-Ve place is always crowded with people , u need to find sales executive who is willing to help .. go early in morning around 9 am

regards
kumar
umeshguru

Post by umeshguru »

I agree with Ravikumar, You need to negotiate as a project. then they will give you the best price. Buy from tomorrow, The new GST will be 18%.
Other option is Mahveer Innovation in kathriguppe main road. Fixed price, no negotiation, But not much of varieties.
goutam_d

Post by goutam_d »

Hi Ravi,
I will your name as a reference. Is it okay? Can you please provide your mobile number?

Regards,
Goutam
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Goutam ,

i am sure if you use my name u will get discount , if you been there they know people by face and every contractor look for particular sales guy ..
but my advice is just visit your self and try to bargain for final price but one lot like a bulk order ..,

Return to “Civil Construction”