House Construction - Experience

kartheek

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by kartheek »

Hi Swamy,

This weekend I did a bit of rounds to shops re electrical switches. I saw all the varieties that you have named above, plus also did look at GM, Anchor, & Greatwhite. The sampling approach: a switch and a socket fitted in 3M plate frame

My opinion (yet to finalized for my house) based on limited research:
1. Found Havells Crabtree (Model-Athena) switches better in terms of switch feel, size proportion (switch Vs. plate), plastic quality & tick-tack sound.
2. Greatwhite (Model - Myraha) - equally good on same set of parameters. The cost is ~35% less than Havells Crabtree (Model-Athena). A bit of browsing indicated that Greatwhite is created by same set of people after having Anchor company sold out to Panasonic.

One might go for Greatwhite for rented houses etc.

Please share if you have other/more info on this topic.

Cheers!
Kartheek
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

Hi Karthick

Any reason you are suggestion on greatwhite only for rented houses?
kartheek wrote:Hi Swamy,

This weekend I did a bit of rounds to shops re electrical switches. I saw all the varieties that you have named above, plus also did look at GM, Anchor, & Greatwhite. The sampling approach: a switch and a socket fitted in 3M plate frame

1. Found Havells Crabtree (Model-Athena) switches better in terms of switch feel, size proportion (switch Vs. plate), plastic quality & tick-tack sound.
2. Greatwhite (Model - Myraha) - equally good on same set of parameters. The cost is ~35% less than Havells Crabtree (Model-Athena). A bit of browsing indicated that Greatwhite is created by same set of people after having Anchor company sold out to Panasonic.

Cheers!
Kartheek
Regards
Gopinath
kartheek

Post by kartheek »

Hey,

As said before, both Crabtree and Greatwhite are good per evaluation criterion. Just for cost factor you might want to go with one-vs-the-other. Nothing stops to use greatwhite for self occupancy purpose.

-K
senapathigopi wrote:Hi Karthick

Any reason you are suggestion on greatwhite only for rented houses?
kartheek wrote:Hi Swamy,

Cheers!
Kartheek
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

Hi Swamy
You had mentioned the type of granites in bathrooms
Is shira stones good in bathrooms in term of cleaning and usage compared to tiles
ramkann

Post by ramkann »

My suggestion is Legrand - Classic Myrius with new curved edges plates
goutam_d

Post by goutam_d »

Dear Experts,
We are planning to put indian marble in our toilets flooring. Is it okay to put marble on the toilet flooring? or it will be slippery..

Or it vitrified Tiles(2'x1.5') will be good for toilet flooring? Please suggest I am in dillema. Around 140 sqft( 3 toilet ) is required for our toilets.
It will be good if you can tell me the price of the indian marble for toilet. From where I can get it.

Thanks & Regards,
Gout
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Gout ,

marble for toilet flooring is not best idea , i feel for normal usage it will be slippery .. still if you like to go for it then if u plan to visit marble Quere u will be able to get the marble in raw finish which is one step before clear glassy finish that looks good as well and also it provide grip .

or u can go for vitrified tiles with a aniskip option .. which is also good ..

Regards
Kumar
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

@ SC_new - Putting Sira Stones in Bathroom is fine, but the issue is it is very Heavy and needs to be cut/Trim according to Size of Bathroom which will cost more for Labour, Instead you can go with Rough Granite Slabs.

@ Goutam - I don't suggest to put the Indian marble to Bathrooms, You can put this Marble as Border in the Bathroom (4 inches across) and in the middle you can go with Rough Granite which will look nice as well.

Else go with Antiskid Vitrified Tiles which will sync with your Wall tiles.

rgds
Swamy
rameshram

Post by rameshram »

hi swamy,

For bathroom floor antiskid vitrified matt files for floor and gloss tiles for wall right ?

I am also in the stage of tiles. can you help me out plz.

Thanks in advance.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, you can go ahead with Antiskid Vitrified Tiles for Flooring & Glossy tiles/Matt finish Tiles for Wall.
Floor Tiles Color should match with Wall Tiles color (Usually there is combination between Floor & Wall Tiles), Consider little Dark Color compared to Light color for Antiskid Tiles as cleaning would be easy.

Please note if the Sizes are less the rate is Less (12"X12" or 18"x12"), if the Tile is more (24"x12" or more) then Rate will be high. Decide your budget based on that.

rgds
Swamy

Return to “Civil Construction”