Review on house renovation quotation

ArunKoundinya

Review on house renovation quotation

Post by ArunKoundinya »

Hello everyone,

I have been a member of this forum for a while now. I must admit I have gained immense help and knowledge from this amazing forum and its members. Lot of my decisions starting from buying a property and about house construction have been based on what I have learnt here.

Now, I am planning to expand my house near Kanakapura Road. The existing house is a small (about 600 Sqft) built in an east facing, 1200 plot. Plan is to add 2 rooms in the first floor with internal staircase. I also intend to make few changes in the ground floor.

Enclosed are the quotations I have received from an engineer for the work involved. The word doc is for the new construction work on first floor and the excel sheet is for the alteration work involved in ground floor. Request you all guys to give your opinion and advice on the same. Please do spare a few minutes and let me know. I should be meeting the engineer tomorrow to take the discussion ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Arun
Attachments
Cost of alteration work.xls
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
Construction agreement.doc
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
bloremanager

Re: Review on house renovation quotation

Post by bloremanager »

Go for leather or Laputre finish for the staircase steps (for rough surface).
ardesarchitects

Re: Review on house renovation quotation

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Arun,
I am not sure if my suggestions will help you now or not but here are my comments
I Find the costing is 15% more than regular works ,given than i have not seen the site conditions and in renovations lots of surprises are bound to happen.So its ok to pay that extra get the job done peacefully .
My only comment is about payment schedule , you need to have at least 10 -12 payment slots .

Advance Rs.200000/-
After completion of FF roof Rs.500000/-
After completion of Plastering, electrical & plumbing
Conduits Rs.400000/-
After completion of flooring Rs.200000/-
Before start of painting Rs.150000/-
Balance After completion of work

1.Advance 50k since there wouldn't be huge mobilizations required in renovation till the demolitions
2.Completion of ff roof - 2 lac since its just the slab ,haven't spoke any thing about walls
3.you cannot add after completion for every work because completion of electrical is only when they fix the switches and plumbing when they fix the toilet fixture and fix the overhead tank
4.Total cost of project is 15lac and you are paying him 14.5 lac before handover is very risky to get the odd jobs done at the end , simple calculations is not to pay more than 50% by the structural level at any cost .

Making payment schedule elaborated will solve many issues automatically .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “Civil Construction”