need feedback on proposed price

duffyhair

need feedback on proposed price

Post by duffyhair »

Hello Forum Members,
I am inching one step closer towards starting my construction.
I was expecting a quote around 20 lakhs but found the quote from the contractor which is way beyond the budget.

Please check the rates quoted in the excel sheet and let me know if its in line with the market rates.

also, please share the contact of your contractor who has done a good job for your project.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
review_tender 21 sep.xls
(54.5 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
ausraja

Re: need feedback on proposed price

Post by ausraja »

Please enquire with a few additional contractors and share the contact info if you can find someone in bangalore who is ready for building @ a cheaper price.
Simran

Post by Simran »

Duffyhair,

The quotation does not look reasonable. I looked only at the miscellaneous section and see that sump is charged at Rs.10/-. I paid Rs.3/- for brick wall tank and for concrete tank it was Rs.6/ liter. OH tank Rs.8/liter, he should provide sintex, all other tanks are between Rs.5-Rs.6/ liter.

The construction cost has really gone up in the last one year due to the hike in cement price, sand shortage and various other factors. You can estimate Rs.1600 per sqft of the roof area for a average finish with msand. For better finish using river sand, superior grades of cement / steel etc, cost may go up to Rs.1800/- or above.

Like ausraja mentioned, get quotations from couple of other contractors and take a wise decision.
duffyhair

Post by duffyhair »

Simran wrote:Duffyhair,

The quotation does not look reasonable. I looked only at the miscellaneous section and see that sump is charged at Rs.10/-. I paid Rs.3/- for brick wall tank and for concrete tank it was Rs.6/ liter. OH tank Rs.8/liter, he should provide sintex, all other tanks are between Rs.5-Rs.6/ liter.

The construction cost has really gone up in the last one year due to the hike in cement price, sand shortage and various other factors. You can estimate Rs.1600 per sqft of the roof area for a average finish with msand. For better finish using river sand, superior grades of cement / steel etc, cost may go up to Rs.1800/- or above.

Like ausraja mentioned, get quotations from couple of other contractors and take a wise decision.
yeah, even i felt that rates are on higher side. I am constructing 14 sqares and the quotation turns to be 2.3 lakhs per square.
Some of my contacts suggested me to check the rates for solid block since my present quote is for stabilized mud blocks whose basic cost is rs. 30
I will update once I get more info from other contractors
duffyhair

Post by duffyhair »

Simran wrote:Duffyhair,

yeah, even i felt that rates are on higher side. I am constructing 14 sqares and the quotation turns to be 2.3 lakhs per square.
Some of my contacts suggested me to check the rates for solid block since my present quote is for stabilized mud blocks whose basic cost is rs. 30
I will update once I get more info from other contractors

Return to “Civil Construction”