BCCHS Layout, Raghuvanahalli, Kanakapura Road

ravindranath

BCCHS Layout, Raghuvanahalli, Kanakapura Road

Post by ravindranath »

As is well known, BCCHS (the nearly 100 year old Bangalore City Cooperative Housing Society) allotted over 1500 sites in the above layout to its members, issued the registered sale deeds, possession certificates & the BDA issued the Khatas; most of the “owners” have also been paying the taxes regularly. However, whenever we tried to build our homes, some nearby villagers claimed that the whole property belongs to them and we could not build anything there. They have even broken some houses and the police apparently arrested them a couple of times. BCCHS, all through maintained that they have not allotted any disputed site to any of the members. But the harassment by the villagers continues. I built the compound wall on my site with police protection but last week, apparently after the Supreme Court ruling that BCCHS should return the land to the original owners, my compound wall was broken down obviously by the same people who had earlier objected to our building anything on the layout. The BCCHS president maintains that the Supreme Court judgment pertains only to Survey numbers 49 and 50 in respect of which BCCHS approached the court.

1. Can we please be informed of the correct status?
2. Who are the rightful owners of the properties?
3. How could The BDA/BBMP register the sites, issue the Khatas and collect stamp duties and taxes without ascertaining the ownership?
4. Do the BDA/BBMP registration deeds and Khata certificates have no meaning at all?
5. If the BCCHS did not own the sites it allotted, is it not culpable?
6. BCCHS should immediately come out with a public statement on the exact status and the plan of action.
7. They should immediately reacquire the land and legalize the ownership of the members.
8. Alternately, they should allot sites of the same dimensions as the earlier allotments (for which the members already paid) in an equally well-developed area in Bangalore.
9. All the aggrieved and affected members should come together take appropriate action to restore the property rights to the members, no matter whose mistakes have led to the current mess.
shak

Re: BCCHS Layout, Raghuvanahalli, Kanakapura Road

Post by shak »

I saw a notice in newspaper from society stating that the supreme court judgment was related to only some survey numbers.
Last edited by shak on February 15th, 2012, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
apnagu

Post by apnagu »

Hi all,
yes;very much true.
if you need more information on court verdict refer supreme court document which is available in supreme court website and even i ahve attached in the reply.
don't worry ;your hard earned money wil never go simply like that.
Fight until last moment.
Attachments
bcc court verdict.pdf
(342.13 KiB) Downloaded 1249 times
ravindranath

Post by ravindranath »

Thanks, but the judgement leaves the key point (whether it refers only to the 12 acres or all the 208 acres) vague. The original owners claim it is the latter and are breaking down any construction in the area; the police obviously are unwilling to act. The Government, which is also a party to the case, should clarify in a public notification so that we can take police help to recover our properties and carry on with our construction activity... Dr. B. Ravindranath.
apnagu

Post by apnagu »

Hi Shak,
Could you please share the newspapaer link if you have.
shak

Post by shak »

Sorry I could not find the online link to it.
girish7665

Post by girish7665 »

Here is the notice by Society. But not sure how much it will help from the vandalism of local people.

Society will not do much on its own, so all the site owners should unite and fight the case against the society, Local people, Court, Govt... who ever..
Attachments
BCCHS Notice.pdf
Notice by Society
(23.17 KiB) Downloaded 1047 times
tsrprasad

Post by tsrprasad »

All site owners of Bangalore City Cooperative Society Unite
All Site Owners,
The latest supreme court verdict is misleading and ignores interests of the site owners. Its our imperative to fight for justice.

Please join the Google Group below:
http://groups.google.com/group/bcchsl-site-owners-forum

Also please inform all site owners you know of to join the group.

We need to organize ourselves into an association and fight to save our property. If we do not come together then we will all loose our property. We will call for a meeting soon, please inform all members of the above group.

Regards,
ravindranath

Post by ravindranath »

Agreed. Better than forum, we can form a Society. I am aware that there was one Income Tax Officers' Layout in Sarjapur Road, which also faced vandalism and legal actions. But the over 50 site owners came together, regularized everthing and got 700 flats built. Each of the members got built flats equivalent in area to the area they originally owned. Getting approval such a project should not be difficult as there is already a "Nitesh project" coming up next door. This is open to discusion and action. I am willing to do my bit in that direction.

Dr. B. Ravindranath
apnagu

Post by apnagu »

Hi All,
yes;As in the court it clearly says it's applicable only for specific survey number,they can't simply come and destroy the existing property.
is somebosy approached police or lawyer here.
because there input/suggestion is very much required to proceed further.
and i need one more info here ; is it applicable even for BCMC Layout or only for BCC Layout property

Return to “General”