Effective Rainwater Filter – For rooftop rainwater harvesting – Very low-cost, do-it-yourself filters

Eco friendly ideas & concepts
SAMPATH S

Re: Effective Rainwater Filter – For rooftop rainwater harvesting – Very low-cost, do-it-yourself filters

Post by SAMPATH S »

You are right rjblr. Providing for a good rainwater harvesting infra is the need of the day and inevitable for future.

This is the right time for you as you are still in the initial stages of construction. Will try to provide inputs needed when required.

A suggestion. If possible, plan to have your RWH filter installation on the north, where direct sunlight is minimum since the filters are generally made of plastic. In the alternative, plan for shade on the filter to minimize the effect of Sun. A shade over the RWH filter also enables one, if necessary, to monitor the filters during rain.
SAMPATH S

Re: Effective Rainwater Filter – For rooftop rainwater harvesting – Very low-cost, do-it-yourself filters

Post by SAMPATH S »

World Water Day 22nd March fast approaching.
To highlight the importance of CATCHING RAINWATER AT SOURCE, the National Water Mission has launched the "CATCH THE RAIN" Campaign:
http://nwm.gov.in/?q=catchtherain
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

On the occasion of ensuing WORLD WATER DAY on 22nd March and to promote the National Water Mission Campaign of CATCH THE RAIN, I propose to do my bit by helping those interested in setting up the EFFECTIVE FILTERS for RWH by doing FREE cutting of slots in the buckets/containers/lids used in the Filters.

This is planned for Sunday the 21st March at my residence, which is near to Jakkur Air strip. Google location would be sent individually.

All those interested in availing the benefit may arrange for the buckets/containers in time and register for the purpose. Cutting of slots for one set of filters (either Type 1 or Type 2, both pre-filter and fine-filter) would be done for each installation. Fixing of the mesh and collar has to be done / got done by them. Please bring the PVC collar also. In case you need the lid to be cut for the pipe inlet, you may bring the lid also.

Time slots would be allotted depending upon the response. Cutting would be done using power tools. It is expected that one set might require less than 30 minutes.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

On the occasion of ensuing WORLD WATER DAY on 22nd March and to promote the National Water Mission Campaign of CATCH THE RAIN, I propose to do my bit by helping those interested in setting up the EFFECTIVE FILTERS for RWH by doing FREE cutting of slots in the buckets/containers/lids used in the Filters.

This is planned for Sunday the 21st March at my residence, which is near to Jakkur Air strip. Google location would be sent individually.

All those interested in availing the benefit may arrange for the buckets/containers in time and register for the purpose. Cutting of slots for one set of filters (either Type 1 or Type 2, both pre-filter and fine-filter) would be done for each installation. Fixing of the mesh and collar has to be done / got done by them. Please bring the PVC collar also. In case you need the lid to be cut for the pipe inlet, you may bring the lid also.

Time slots would be allotted depending upon the response. Cutting would be done using power tools. It is expected that one set might require less than 30 minutes.
This is a one time offer and an unique opportunity. Already four individuals have confirmed their participation. As of now, I do not propose to take more than eight requests.

Also one may take this opportunity to have a look at the actual onsite setup.

One more aspect is that those interested may see the condition of rainwater which has been stored over the last several months without any treatment whatsoever.

As on date I have in store more than 20,000 liters of water, sufficient to last well over two months. To this, summer rains will also add to the water availability.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

This is a one time offer and an unique opportunity. Already four individuals have confirmed their participation. As of now, I do not propose to take more than eight requests.

Also one may take this opportunity to have a look at the actual onsite setup.

One more aspect is that those interested may see the condition of rainwater which has been stored over the last several months without any treatment whatsoever.

As on date I have in store more than 20,000 liters of water, sufficient to last well over two months. To this, summer rains will also add to the water availability.
For non-members, my contact email id: sampaths144@gmail.com
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

On the occasion of WORLD WATER DAY falling tomorrow and to promote the National Water Mission Campaign of CATCH THE RAIN, today an earnest effort was made to help as many RWH enthusiasts as possible by undertaking cutting of slits in buckets for using as EFFECTIVE FILTERS for RAINWATER HARVESTING.

TODAY IS A MEMORABLE DAY for me. As many as SIX persons availed of the benefit and thus were initiated in ONE LOT into Rainwater Harvesting using Effective Filters. Buckets numbering 24 in all, apart from lids, were cut for fixing the pre-filter and fine meshes and also circular holes for fixing PVC collars on the outer buckets.

It was a hectic day today, with the work taking away almost SIX hours. The occasion was also made use of to describe about other aspects of Rainwater Harvesting to the participants.

The individuals are required to get the meshes and the PVC collar pasted and install the RWH Effective Filters at the earliest, to avail of the benefit of impending summer rains, besides pre-monsoon rains of May and regular monsoon starting from June.

They have also been promised further guidance in setting up the filters as required.

This was a unique helping event, which may not be repeated in the near future. Probably the next such event may be planned for NEXT YEAR World Water Day.

A YouTube video is proposed to me made and released shortly regarding the cutting of slits in the bucket (shot in today’s event) to help others in their Do-it-Yourself efforts.

What are you waiting for? Plan your plunge into harvesting the purest of all waters – the RAINWATER.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

‘Today (22nd March) is being observed (not celebrated) as World Water Day.

Benjamin Franklin said “When the well is dry, we learn the worth of water” (substitute well with borewell / tanker / tap).

From the present water insecurity, we need to look at Water Security not only for us but for our future generation also.

When mortals cannot help, we look at God (sky) for rain. Let us be ready to receive the rain by adopting Rainwater Harvesting techniques.

Rich indulge in exploiting groundwater mercilessly for their pleasure (we have so many bathroom accessories today which use huge amounts of water). Let us be wise and get miserly on water usage in our own interest.

I am proud to say that as on today, I have enough rain water in store to take care of my requirement for the next two months.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

For apartments over 10,000 sq.ft., reuse of harvested rainwater proposed to me made compulsory.
Reuse of harvested rainwater
Reuse of harvested rainwater
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-24 at 19.04.01.jpeg (85.74 KiB) Viewed 39071 times
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Bangalore JalaRushi Puraskar of BWSSB:

I am extremely happy to state that I have been awarded the Bangalore JalaRushi Puraskar certificate for my efforts in Rainwater Harvesting & Water Conservation efforts.

Read about this in my following thread:

http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9516
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Overhead Water Tank Filter

Read about this in detail in my post in the following thread:

http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9523

Return to “Solar and wind power”