Solar UPS

Eco friendly ideas & concepts
namburi

Solar UPS

Post by namburi »

Hi,
We created this topic for members to discuss more about solar power ups .request all those using solar ups to write your feedback and suggestions

Regards
ADMIN
nagzzz

Re: Solar UPS

Post by nagzzz »

thank you for this Initiative. I embarked on this solar Electricity trail since I have problems getting a permanent BESCOM connection to my house. AE wants a large bribe which I not ready to pay. I have the following setup currently.
1. Flinslim 3kvA Solar inverter.
2. Exide Solatubular 150ah* 2
3. Planning to install Anu Solar PV panels (1.5kW panels to generate about 5-6 units a day).

I have been using only the inverter and batteries connected to my temporary power connection for almost a year now. adding solar panels now (dont ask me why Anu- they gave a good offer LOL). Had a lot of confusion deciding between PV panels and Nano Solar panels. But Nano Solar panels was working out very expensive.

There are quite a few house owners here who had installed solar power. I have a small request. Can you please update how many units you are able to generate currently at your home? and also a small breakup in summer and winter figures. thanks
hanamantagoud

Post by hanamantagoud »

Hi ,

I am about to start my house construction in a month (G+2 floor).

Even i plan to install Solar electricity .

Any idea what will be the approx cost for entire setup/system (Solar panel , inverter , additional wiring) etc ?

Which is the better Solar water heater ?
simplycar

Post by simplycar »

Tata has complete setup including panels, inverter and batteries.
laxman.bly

Post by laxman.bly »

Solar Package Range 2500Watts (2.5KW)
Appliances can run*

Fan 5, Tube4, CFL 4,TV 1, PC 1,Mixie 1 & Fridge 1
Fan 5, Tube 4, CFL 4, TV 1, PC 1, Mixie 1, Wash Mac 1

This would cost around 3.5 L

My option for G+2 floor house is go for 5KW which could cost around 5L. And your house does not require electricity connection any more. I heard from one of my friend In fact, excess units you can give it to BESCOM they will pay you back :-)
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
solar ups can be efficiently used when u connect to bescom grid instead of storing max power .more you store more the battery cost + maintainace .instead selling it to bescom and using from grid will give u more money and dont need to worry about high loads running on solar .

Regards
Ar.praveen.n
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
laxman.bly

Post by laxman.bly »

@Mr. Praveen, thanks for the reply. this is very useful suggestion..
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Please any members can provide good recommendation for installation brands and companies with quote price for solar panel (With grid & without Grid)
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

Hello Girish,
I did not go with a particular brand for the entire setup.

FlinSlim 3kvA inverter- Bought from Amazon 2 years back
Exide 150aH Solatubular batteries *2 - Bought from ebay 2 years back
Anu 280W *5 Solar Panels- Purchased a month back.

I got the installation done on my own through an Electrician since I knew the connections etc. Currently getting 3 units of Power per day (Monsoon). I am expecting about 6 Units everyday on sunny days.

I can Suggest you two Companies. Nano Solars or Anu Solar. Both these are from Bangalore, and have good name. If you have a good budget, you can look at the Nano Solar panels from this Nano Solars company.

hope this helps.

Regards,
Naga
mohan_hu

Post by mohan_hu »

Can you please let us know the cost for the entire set up..

Thanks In Advance..;-)

Return to “Solar and wind power”