Solar UPS

Eco friendly ideas & concepts
Shekar75

Re: Solar UPS

Post by Shekar75 »

Usually it costs about 1lakh/KW for a solar rooftop grid connected system, 1KW system produces about 4-5 units/day on a good sunny day
Vishnu2014

Post by Vishnu2014 »

Hi Praveen, Your suggestion is excellent to sell the power to Bescom and tap in to the grid. This way one can use the power generated in the day to be used in night without having to store it.

I am wondering if there is a specific limit on how much solar cells (Wattage) needs to be installed before we can approach Bescom to sell it.

Thx,
Vishnu
Shekar75

Post by Shekar75 »

You can install upto total load sanctioned (applied for you house)
By bescom. E.g. If you tKen a 10KW electricity connection you can install upto 10KW maximum
Vishnu2014

Post by Vishnu2014 »

Great - Thanks a lot Shekar
Vishnu2014

Post by Vishnu2014 »

Hi Shekar, Would you be able to provide your Phone #. I am planning to pursue the option of connecting my solar panels to Bescom grid and would like to understand the cost involved in getting it done? Also would would like to understand if there are other maintainence required.

Thx,
Vishnu
srivatsahg

Post by srivatsahg »

Hello
Sorry if this question seems Stupid as I got to know about this Solar UPS just now
I'm planning to start construction of my house - Ground + First Floor.
If I plan to install this Solar UPS. Do I have to still obtain permissions from BESCOM for electricity meters?
vinayjan

Post by vinayjan »

Most of the solar installation can be done by yourself. First you need to asses what capacity you want and then find the roof space.
If you want i can help with the assessment.

I have done it all by myself: http://www.thealternative.in/lifestyle/ ... onnection/

There is a device you can use for battery life enhancing as well, my batteries are 8 years old!
aries31

Post by aries31 »

vinayjan wrote:Most of the solar installation can be done by yourself. First you need to asses what capacity you want and then find the roof space.
If you want i can help with the assessment.

I have done it all by myself: http://www.thealternative.in/lifestyle/ ... onnection/

There is a device you can use for battery life enhancing as well, my batteries are 8 years old!
Hi, the link is not working. Please check and repost
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Anyone here using flin energy solar inverter ?
Its on costlier side but its all in one module which has lots of bells and whistles.
Provides optimization between solar panel , batteries and grid.
kumark2k

Post by kumark2k »

Hi Visualizer,

Who is the installer in Bangalore for FlinEnergy Inverters? Would you please share the contact?

Regards

Return to “Solar and wind power”