Latest Wood prices

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
kumarorion

Re: Latest Wood prices

Post by kumarorion »

swamy_blr wrote:Hi Kumar,

If your major Purchase is White/Red Sal then go with Cut pieces, Timber Yard guys will calculate exact measurement for the Wood.
For eg : If the Door Frame size is 7 x 3 with 5x3 Section then calculation is (7*2 + 3.5*2)*5*3/144 = 2.1875 CFT for that Price will be calculated.

If your Teak wood percentage is 30% then you can look out for Ready made Teakwood Frames from Nikki/Kalpataru, they call it as Benin Teak Frames. They are good and you can consider, but please check in person.

Buying log is costly as they will calculate the wastage as well and cost is high compared to Cut pieces.
Regarding the references, On Mysore Road check at Vishnu or Shiva Timbers. Just walk around Mysore Road near Nayandahalli you will get lot of TImber yards.

rgds
Swamy
Thanks swamy for the valuable inputs, will reach out to you for further inputs Reg Kumar
svk63

Post by svk63 »

I visited some Timber shops / Depots in Mysore Road - New Timber Yard Layout & they quoted following prices :

1. Australian Honne - 1950 - 2150

2. African Teak - 3000-3300

3. Salwood - 1200 - 1400

4. Burma Teak - 6500 - 10000

They said as Burma has banned export of Teak. Timber Depot are not getting Burma Teak from 2014 and they are selling pre 2014 stock !

I could not verify this from any other reliable source.

But I have seen from import data published by GOI , Burma Teak is getting imported in semi finished status from Sri Lanka/ Malaysia/China.

Karnataka Forest Industries Corporation have got good collection of Burma Teak , but they wont sell on CFT basis. They will price it as door frames / shutters per piece plus Vat extra .

I am not sure about reliability of Private Timber yards as many of them may mix with lower quality and very difficult to verify without expert help.

In KSFIDC quality seems to be reliable eventhough seems to be little expensive compared to Private Timber Yards.

Request all of you to add some reliable and refuted names dealing in Burma Teak/ Australian Honne/ Salwood
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

@svk63

I had no idea, Karnataka govt has timber yards!
They said as Burma has banned export of Teak. Timber Depot are not getting Burma Teak from 2014 and they are selling pre 2014 stock !
This is true. They have banned logging. burma teak is going very expensive.
karti

Post by karti »

please contact me at 8861481070

Return to “Material prices”