Plastering Cost

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
bala4034

Plastering Cost

Post by bala4034 »

Dear ones,
Need your inputs asap, I had an agreed price with my contractor before one year, since the price of the sand, cement and labour increased contractor asked me for a change of price and I asked him to go ahead with it, but he increased the price by 35%. for internal plaster & 37% for external, this inludes material and labour.
Internal Plaster
Initial price was Rs.29 / SFT.
Current Price is Rs. 39 / SFT.

Exrernal Plaster
Initial price was Rs.32 / SFT.
Current Price is Rs. 44 / SFT.

Girish, your input will be highly appreciated.
riturajmnit

Re: Plastering Cost

Post by riturajmnit »

Why dont you go for Gypsum Plastering. Its fastly catching up in India and most of the high rises are using it.
Good quality gypsum (Not India make) will cost around 28-30 psft including labor.

Positive side is you can contract it to company directly and they give guarantee too. This way your constrcator can parallely execute other stuff.
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

good and viable alternate option for Internal Plastering. But I would not suggest it for external plastering, especially with the rains of Bangalore :lol:
Sand prices have again come down a bit. Please check.
When did you agree for the initial plastering rates? they seem to be a little on the higher side. However, generally, out of the overall plastering cost, which you mentioned, labour to material ratio is about 50:50. So ask your Contractor to reduce 50 percent first and then increase by 20-30%.
civil88

Post by civil88 »

riturajmnit wrote:Why dont you go for Gypsum Plastering. Its fastly catching up in India and most of the high rises are using it.
Good quality gypsum (Not India make) will cost around 28-30 psft including labor.

Positive side is you can contract it to company directly and they give guarantee too. This way your constrcator can parallely execute other stuff.
Rituraj,

Can you suggest any good company(s) that you know, who are doing this Gypsum plastering.

Thanks,
Venky
raman_63

Post by raman_63 »

Hi Bala,
Cement and Sand price have gone up. River sand costs around Rs.45,000 for 300 cft. If you are sure that he is using good quality river sand you can negotiate a bit. Gyproc from Saintgobin do gypsum plastering but there are chances of de-bonding in Gypsum plastering.

Return to “Material prices”