Cement Price increased

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
Balu

Cement Price increased

Post by Balu »

Dear Friends,

My cement vendor is charging 380 rs per bag for Birla super 53 grade cement. 10 days back we use to pay him 360 for the same cement but now he is telling the price is increased.

anyone of you guys had same experience ?
pvn

Re: Cement Price increased

Post by pvn »

380 seems to be good price. Most of the places they are quoting 390 now.
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

Yes the prices have increased Rs.20-30 depending on the grade. Zuari i-Prime 53 grade is now 370 while 43grade i-work is 365 and PPC is 360. I am not even getting supply of the cement due to this hike.

But does anybody know why the prices have gone up when the inflation across the country is reducing.
sanchitnis

Post by sanchitnis »

The grapevine says it is due to cartel. Some acquisitions etc are happening and they benefit by higher cement prices by getting higher valuations and stock market prices.
Balu

Post by Balu »

Yesterday I purchased 105 bags @ 380 rs per bag , Birla super 53 grade
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Looks like it has increased to Rs390. However Amma Cement will be sold at Rs190, how?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Things have to change soon. In TN, State Govt started a new scheme of selling Cement for Home Construction at Rs. 190.
Same way, one more company from Maharashtra has offered Cement @ Rs. 180/Bag for the Ambitious and accelerated
National Highway project to NHAI. Obviously this will put pressure on the Cement Cartelization currently practiced by
the Cement Manufacturers association across the country.
sun

Post by sun »

Also, pls be careful about to the manufacturing date mentioned in the cement bag. Cement has a shelf life of 6 months as my architect said. These dealers generally mix new stock with old ones, i had experienced it myself. When purchased 100 bags of Birla cement (twice) I had upto 10-12 bags of cement which was reaching 6 month dead line in weeks time. But I didn't bother to change them and went ahead with it by makinig it gets mixed with newer lot.

Its always a good idea to keep an eye for manf. date of it.

Tahanks
sun

Post by sun »

Also, pls be careful about to the manufacturing date mentioned in the cement bag. Cement has a shelf life of 6 months as my architect said. These dealers generally mix new stock with old ones, and give it at lower rate & i had experienced it myself. When purchased 100 bags of Birla cement (twice) I had up to 10-12 bags of cement which was reaching 6 month dead line in 1 weeks time. But I didn't bother to change them and went ahead with it by making sure it gets mixed with newer lot.

Its always a good idea to keep an eye for manf. date of it.

Thanks
Arjun26022009

Post by Arjun26022009 »

I need to buy Birla Super cement both 53 and 43 grade. Please share the best price and the dealer name.

thanks
Arjun

Return to “Material prices”