Internal Staircase sft area in cost estimate

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
sahu.mgse

Internal Staircase sft area in cost estimate

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear Forum members;

Please guide me in estimating equivalent plinth area for internal staircase for cost estimate. The issue is cropped up because my contractor during agreement and now in running bill after eight months has given different plinth area for the duplex floor cost estimation . The variation is found upto 300sft (10% of total house plinth area) which is costing me around 4.0lakhs. The plan is not changed even 1% from agreement to now. my doubt is in the computation of plinth area for internal staircase considered, which is starting at second floor and ending at terrace floor. Presently he has considered full floor area over internal staircase (i assume). Is it correct to do?

I have enclosed the typical internal staircase plan for my duplex floor (second, third and terrace).

I want to know,how the plinth area computation done for internal staircase area. Can i subtract the plinth area of staircase in terrace floor plinth area.

regards
Sahu
Attachments
Cost estimate for internal staircase.doc
(579.5 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
ardesarchitects

Re: Internal Staircase sft area in cost estimate

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Sahu,
The staircase area is considered under plinth area if it has slab.In case it doesnt you can take it 50% of the actual per sft cost.
You can deduct the cut out in the stair case for one floor since there is no floor slab in the third floor.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
sahu.mgse

Re: Internal Staircase sft area in cost estimate

Post by sahu.mgse »

thanks praveen for info.
Discussion with contractor yet to happen. I am preparing myself to protect my interest.

sahu

Return to “Material prices”