Sagar Cement - Price & Review

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
pradeep_palla

Sagar Cement - Price & Review

Post by pradeep_palla »

Hello,

My Contractor is forcing me to go for Sagar Cement (53 grade), can you please share your thoughts on quality and price of Sagar Cement.

Thanks,
Pradeep
shiprs

Re: Sagar Cement - Price & Review

Post by shiprs »

if he is forcing you for a particular brand, then definetly he is getting a commision. the commision will be paid from your bill. so please dont go for it. i was cheated in the same way.
prasannabhat

Post by prasannabhat »

Hi,

My contractor as per the agreement he is supposed put Birla 53 Grade Cement but now he is giving reason that its not available near the construction place, instead he is suggesting for coromandal cement. How is the quality of this pls let me know.

Regards,
Prasanna Bhat
CityBrick

Post by CityBrick »

Dear Prasanna,
As far as cement is concerned ultra tech, barthi and acc are doing good in the market in terms of quality, kindly approach a good civil engineer for a better choice.

Regards
Moorthy
prasannabhat wrote:Hi,

My contractor as per the agreement he is supposed put Birla 53 Grade Cement but now he is giving reason that its not available near the construction place, instead he is suggesting for coromandal cement. How is the quality of this pls let me know.

Regards,
Prasanna Bhat
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

There is 15 to 20 rupee price difference between Birla Super and Coramandel King. Thats your contractor's motivation.
santro

Post by santro »

Sreekba, I enquired around 5-7 shops & found Cement prices will be almost same at all dealers max Rs 5-8 difference & if anyone quotes less he will add this in transportation cost :)
Current price for 43grade:
Zurari, Coramandal 43grade-- Rs 340,
Ramco, Jaypee bag costs -Rs 330
meharnath

Post by meharnath »

Hi,
The best way to ascertain the quality of the cement, is by submitting one bag to CIVIL AID, a testing laboratory. Google search the address and phone nos. It is in banashankari II stage.
All the big name cements are in groups and will hike the prices more or less in tandem to their collective decison making. The quality of the cement should comply to IS Standards and see the cement in question is complying with.
I have been using mycem a heidelberg owned cement from the past 5 years, and i find it one of the best PSC cements.
The advertising cost of the big name cements are large, and they will take it from the consumer. No doubt they might be better in quality, that needs to be ascerained by the consumer himself by getting it tested.
Let the physical properties and chemical tests be done at CIVIL AID, and then based on their report take decisions.
All the very best in your construction of your home.
iamveer

Post by iamveer »

Hi Meharnath,

since you have been using mycem PSC cement for long time, can you advise whether can we go with mycem PSC cement concrete for columns and slabs right from ground floor. we can constructing 4 floor building and I wanted to understand this cements setting time or hardening time.

As the mason/labours remove the column box the next day and incase of slabs they start brick work immediately after a weeks time, so wanted to know does the concrete based on PSC, does it set within 10-12 hrs ?

Raghuveer
+91-9611222885

Return to “Material prices”