Item-wise contract rates for civil works

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
sk1976

Item-wise contract rates for civil works

Post by sk1976 »

Hi,
I am sharing the item-wise rates for Civil works of my home construction in Bangalore. I am not sure whether these are the best rates, but this quotation is the
one I chose based on evaluation of 3 contractors.

Admin: I shared this in this thread as I thought of archiving under a common thread for easy retrieval. If you think this is not the place to post this, please move this to another thread.

Regards
Selva
Attachments
ItemwiseRate15Nov2011.xlsx
(25.27 KiB) Downloaded 2240 times
m3_07

Re: Item-wise contract rates for civil works

Post by m3_07 »

Hello...I must say that the list is quite comprehensive. Good. Since I have gone for a "square based labour contract" at 17K - Plinth area, I will be unable to comment on the micro items. However, for the parking area & the balcony area, outside the plinth, I have finalized the same at 8K per Square.

I feel that the Granite/ Tiles laying is on the higher side. Do verify with others OR rather sole granite/ tile laying contractors.
rvenug

Post by rvenug »

Hi,
Im a novice in civil construction, so have minimal knowledge. Can anybody tell me what is the average cost tht 1 needs to bear to construct:-
1>Avg. house with 2bhk attached bath
2>Gud house with 2bhk attached bath
on a 30 X 40 site with car parking.
Thanks in advance.
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

Average House - Total contract 1.3Lakhs/ Square
Good House - SUBJECTIVE

If you go for a labour contract, by supplying the materials yourself, you might end up saving a minimum of 15K/ Square....which is a good amount though !!
buildingahouseinblr

Post by buildingahouseinblr »

In case of unit price contract, which are very popular nowadays, we have to be careful about specifications. I am a novice myself - but have learned at a great expense. For example, when it comes to cement - which will form almost 15% of budget of a normal construction - the rate varies by almost 10% between the varities. For example, a RAMCO PPC bag costs 295 where as ACC PPC bag costs 325 (in my area). So detailed specs to be frozen are critical - and that may be more important than the rates per square feet - given the 25 year horizon. Detailed specs are where the professionals take us for a ride.
For example - here is a detailed spec for a cement bag

Cement - ACC PPC (not more than 1 month hold) inclusive of transport - Rs 325
kanaka_nagar

Post by kanaka_nagar »

The sheet is very useful and informative. My questions are
how old these rates are?
given the fact that the cement, sand and steel are hiked up does this still holds good. I am in the process of negotating prices with my contactor, for example the BBM 9inch price is 110/sft according to this list, but my contactor says he cannot go below 150/sft and he has back up calculations to prove it too. is that i am missing something here? does any one have updated item rates?

The big items i am looking for price information are
1.BBM
2. PCC 1:4:8
3. Internal and external plastering
4. Flooring - marble/granite - including and excluding cost of stone
5. Painting - different types-royal, emulsion, apex, enamel, melamine (i know it is polishing...still)
6. wood work - teak and other / sft
7. Misc items like bull nosing, skirting, half nosing etc., etc.,
8. how much would be demolition costs for BBM, Beam plastering chipping, pcc removing, etc.,

Need to finalise the contract with my contractor this week end. Would appreciate price details from all the experts of the forum.
jult

Post by jult »

Basically in item rate contract the contractor load his hidden profit in concrete and reinforcement and plaster. So always break the contract item rate in 2 stage for better quorate
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

jult wrote:Basically in item rate contract the contractor load his hidden profit in concrete and reinforcement and plaster. So always break the contract item rate in 2 stage for better quorate
Can you spell out what items to be covered in stage-1 and Stage-2.
jult

Post by jult »

Stage work:1
1. excavation
2. concrte work/ barbending/ shuttering
Stage:2
1.Block work/ brick work
2. plastering
3.flooring
4.painting
5. plumbing and electrical
6. External developement.

Even the above stage can be spilit up based on progress and quality work. to have better project control.
arvindkavuru

Post by arvindkavuru »

Hi I am about to start my construction. Kindly send me the xl file. arvindkavuru@gmail.com

Return to “Material prices”