Plumbing related.......

These are Non - negotiated rates in the market
sahu.mgse

Plumbing related.......

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear Forum members;

I have two questions related to above topic.

1. Plumbing work in my house is under progress. The question is how to check that plumbing (mainly concealed one) is leakproof for overhead water pressure. What are the recommended test for acceptance we should do for leak proof plumb-line.

2. I am selecting EWC and bathroom fittings for seven bathrooms. can any one guide me which brand is better for sanitary ware, which should be economical and good. recently i had seen hind-ware sanitary ware, but i found it costly.

Any reply in this regards will be helpful.

regards\
Sahu
tendlu

Re: Plumbing related.......

Post by tendlu »

Even I have the same question -- how to make sure the plumbing lines are leak free? I see a thread that mentions about pressure test, but not sure of the exact procedure and cost for the same?
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Hi tendlu and sahu,

Could you please let me know the costings? My engineer is quoting 8% of the overall construction cost for Plumbing.

thanks
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

Hi ;

Mine is full contract and it is based on per chadara. But what i have seen is electrical and plumbing put together 15-16% of overall. However you can ask full details about the plumbing items and specifications included in 8%.

sahu
tendlu

Post by tendlu »

biddappa_c_b wrote:Hi tendlu and sahu,

Could you please let me know the costings? My engineer is quoting 8% of the overall construction cost for Plumbing.

thanks
mine is a full contract, so not sure on the plumbing cost
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Any good discounts on plumbing materials like pipes, western commodes, faucets etc. around banashankari. uttarhalli etc. Also do you know which shop gives how much discounts?
santro

Post by santro »

JP Sanitations Mysore road--Jaguar -19% ,Parryware-20%, ROCA-20% discount on MRP including VAT.
MP & Sons-- Hosakerehalli --Jaguar 18-20% net discount
ESSESS- 30% discount on MRP without bill --Hardware shop (forgot the name) in Konankunte cross signal on main road itself.
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

thank you Santro. Appreciate it.
Raj01

Post by Raj01 »

Hi All,
I am looking for some information on bathroom tiles. I could not find a seperate thread for the same hence posting it under plumbing.
please let me know places where I can get to see good varities ( mostly looking for branded) also any discounts ?

Thanks
biddappa_c_b

URGENT: Road cutting help

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Hi Team,

My construction is in progress and plumbing work has started. I have paid for all plumbing related activities and also paid the GOVT the road cutting charges. My plumber says that the GOVT folks will not come so its better to get the Road cutting by ourselves. He says that everyone does the same. Is this true? He is saying that private folks who come to cut the road will charge from 4k to 5 k. I am constructing the house in Uttarhalli? Any help please?

Return to “Material prices”