High tension wire over residential house

siteout

High tension wire over residential house

Post by siteout »

Hi,

I planning to buy a second hand house. As per the documents (Khata) the site and house are as per BDA plans. But I saw high tension wire passing over the house. Normally what I have seen is in Bangalore there will empty space/gardens being present across the high tension wire. In this case whether it is valid site? How to check validity of the site?

Thanks
bkvenu

Re: High tension wire over residential house

Post by bkvenu »

Hello,
I think the apart from the validity of the site and house main concern here is, is it safe to live very close to such a high tension line for a long term. As of I know for sure there will a strong electromagnetic field that will be surrounding these wires for some meters, and these are not good and safe for our health as you will be under influence of this field round the clock.
I have closely observed this in one of our relatives house and their other house on the same line, there is a small amount of current flowing in gates and grills (even bikes parked below it) and other metalic part outside the house. You cannot experience this on bare hands but I confirmed by a use of tester.
So make a small research on it with a help of a good experienced electrician and take your next step.
Just tought about sharing this, as I think the situation is same in your case.
If you have any other options and not totally bound to buy it, then I suggest you to let it go, because your health is precious.
siteout

Post by siteout »

Hi venu,

Thanks for quick reply. The electric wires are not so close and it is not only that house thorough which they have passed through. You are correct from safety point of view. But I am surprised how come BBMP or BDA has approved such sites!

Thanks
mramki_77

Post by mramki_77 »

Hi,
Check the voltage of the lines. There shall be 2 fields coming out of this electrical lines
1. Electrical field: Safe distance is 12m from the lines
2. Magnetic field: Safe distamce is 50m from the lines.

As venu said there can be some electrical discharge on the iron items beneath the lines.

All the above statistics (given for 230 kv lines) are gathered from web. Please double check once

Thanks
Ram
niarhab

Post by niarhab »

dear siteout
all the hv overhead lines are installed atleast 12m above ground level for 220kv and above. i dont think this is an issue. my only advise is make sure the documents are genuine.
rgds
niar
mohanvk

Post by mohanvk »

As per the normal standards and my info, 12m is the safe distance considered for construction from a HT line.
adroit

Post by adroit »

Hi,

I am planning to buy a site in lakshmi layout off bannerghatta road. The said site has a compound wall and after compound wall there is a high tension wire going on.

Learned Members, can you please help me out whether to buy such a site.

the recommended distance and the number of floors which we can build with safety concerns.

I am planning to calculate the ground distance from the plot to the HT Wire.

Please enlighten me with your thoughts.

thanks
Vamsee

thanks
Vamsee
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

But apart from all the stated things, due to the proximity to the High Tension Lines, you may not be able to build upper floors (first & second floor) in the future legally. There are many cases, where people lost their life during the construction activities or so in such buildings unknowingly coming in contact with the HT lines while transporting metal objects like Steel Rods...etc. usually such property prices are always attractive due to lack of demand. Keep priority for human safety.
adroit

Post by adroit »

Hi msn1270,

Assuming I build only ground and first floor and suppose the distance is about 12 to 15 metres from my site to the HT line, can i buy the site ?

thanks
Vamsee
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Vamsee

As Ramki mentioned mentioned above, 12 mtr distance is in vertical direction i.e. from Ground Level to the HT Lines. Usually in any planned layouts, Parks will be done below the HT Lines. Also many times we can hear a humming noise from the HT Lines due to corona effect in the transmission lines. during the winter and rainy season, its more.

Some of the similar radiation effect examples on human body are

1) Where Wind Energy towers are installed, Many people living nearby areas gets headache frequently due to the Low Frequency magnetic Field generated from the Wind Turbine Motor up to several 100 meters distance.

2) Hospitals and Diagnostics centres of X-Ray/CT Scan/MR Scanner areas - where people are not allowed except the patient(Special care will be taken for Pregnants and people who have inserted steel rods in their Body), Basic reason is - they are magnetic Radiation areas. Even the Radiologist or the technician who operates works inside in a specially designed 10" thick concrete Rooms to avoid Radiation effect on them. Also Note that repeated exposure to X-Ray/CT/MR itself creates Cancer like serious diseaes. So called Alopathic medical field prescribes these tests for even silly things to make huge money never discloses this terrible info to the public.

3) As the Picture Tube in a Monitor or Conventional TV operates at very high voltage of around 25000 V DC, it emits certain amount of X-rays in the near by area. Hence Manufacturers & medico's Specifically advise viewers to maintain a safe distance of atleast 6 times the TV Screen Size while watching is to avoid X-Rays on human body.

4) People who work very near to Tubelights suffers from Headache, migrains effect. Working under the tube light which uses conventional copper coil based ballast exposes to the radiation effect while generating the high voltage pulses to generate the light by reacting the argon gas + mercury filled inside the glass tube.

Return to “House for sale”