Upvc windows dealers

protect_nature

Upvc windows dealers

Post by protect_nature »

Hi,

Can you pls let me know which material out of upvc, aluminium, fibre to opt for window frames? We need the setup for some windows which we realised at a later contruction stage that are needed for good ventilation.
So if you can share your personal experiences about which material is good, appreciate it.

Also pls share dealer contact details you went through if you have any.

Thanks much
Visualizer

Re: Upvc windows dealers

Post by Visualizer »

Hi,

I did some market survey as the construction is in early stage I have not decided upon anything
however sharing my findings.

Fennista : They are the oldest in UPVC windows and costliest however on my opinion Fennista does not deserve the premium they ask.
The sales people are not willing to give any quote and unwilling to answer the questions they just want you to buy based on brand value.
After much coaxing basic standard size 4x6 window will cost around 1000 Rs per sq feet and if you want colour and multichannel with toughened glass it can go up to 1800 rs per sq feet.
Fennista claims that wood grain finish is exclusive to them which is no longer true and almost all manufacturers
in general rate of wood grain finish is little higher then plain white or brown.
Their experience centre is on Koramangala 80 feet road. however I don't remember contact number as I have no
intention to buy fennista.

Other good options I found were

(1) Weatherseal : Weatherseal is presente in multiple countries The quality is similar to Fennista and they use German hardware.
There company store is in Koramangala 3rd block on the road next to Devi eye hospital on 80 feet road.
Phone number 7676519999

Good quality triple channel was around 600 Rs per sq feet and with wood grain finish around 800-900
Toughened glass costs around 150. So with all bells and whistles good UPVC window should be around 900 to 1100 per sq feet compared to 1800 of fennista.

(2) Madhu Industries : They have a factory on Bannerghatta road and in the business for more then 20 years.
They started with pressed steel doors and windows but ventured in to UPVC
One of my friend have these UPVC windows for around 5+ years in his house and quality is good,
They also have wood grain finish.

In addition they provide an additional steel reinforcement in UPVC profile on which steel security grill
can be fitted, This additional steel reinforcement to fit security grill is not there in either fennista or weatherseal
Rates were much lower then Weatherseal though I do not remember exactly as there is still a lot of time I did not go in to detailed discussion

Contact number : 9845524684 ( Manish Owner)

(3) Aparna Vennister : Their factory is in Mahadevpura , On the lane next to decathlon before KHT motors
service centre. I happen to go to that area and checked the available finish which looked good.
However I don't have any references of customers who might have used them for long time.
I forgot the contact number but will check and update whenever I go towards that area again.

There are many other Chinese UPVC windows starting from as low as 300 Rs per sq feet but from what I have heard there could be quality issues.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

LG Hausys is pretty good.. price as good as Fennesta - around 600rs/sft

Rehau - Most top end builders use it - Quality pretty good 650+rs/sft

Please do not choose a lower priced one, they wouldn't be UV treated well, or they are sufficiently thin
saasthii

Post by saasthii »

My house construction near Kurudu sonnenahalli, Looking for UPVC windows for G+2 house. One more thing i have heard about German upvc? what else we have in this and what is the best upvc price for 1 sqft ?
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Visualizer wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 11:55 am
Hi,

I did some market survey as the construction is in early stage I have not decided upon anything
however sharing my findings.

Fennista : They are the oldest in UPVC windows and costliest however on my opinion Fennista does not deserve the premium they ask.

--------------------
-----------

Other good options I found were

(1) Weatherseal : Weatherseal is presente in multiple countries The quality is similar to Fennista and they use German hardware.
There company store is in Koramangala 3rd block on the road next to Devi eye hospital on 80 feet road.
Phone number 7676519999

Good quality triple channel was around 600 Rs per sq feet and with wood grain finish around 800-900
Toughened glass costs around 150. So with all bells and whistles good UPVC window should be around 900 to 1100 per sq feet compared to 1800 of fennista.

(2) Madhu Industries : They have a factory on Bannerghatta road and in the business for more then 20 years.
They started with pressed steel doors and windows but ventured in to UPVC
One of my friend have these UPVC windows for around 5+ years in his house and quality is good,
They also have wood grain finish.

(3) Aparna Vennister : Their factory is in Mahadevpura , On the lane next to decathlon before KHT motors
service centre. I happen to go to that area and checked the available finish which looked good.
However I don't have any references of customers who might have used them for long time.
I forgot the contact number but will check and update whenever I go towards that area again.

There are many other Chinese UPVC windows starting from as low as 300 Rs per sq feet but from what I have heard there could be quality issues.
Hi Visualizer,
Not sure if you personally decided to go with uPVC or with wood. Appreciate your experience on uPVC vendors if you did speak to them after this feedback.
I have decided to go with uPVC. I got quote from Prominance/Madhu and NCL Veka. It was coming around 500-600/sft. The requirement was for mix of different sizes, types (sliding vs casement), and mosquito mesh for some of them. It was for white color panels. For window the charges would be higher. My contractor says that he can get it from some korean suppliers for 600/sft for wooden finish.
Looking for your input.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I finalized Madhu industries, the problem with wood color is that it is a film heat pressed over normal white profile so if the film gets scratched or torn it will look ugly.

Also LG has withdrawn from Indian market the so called unnamed Korean brand is.most likely to be Chinese

Problem with cheap chinese profiles is that they reduce amount.of titanium dioxide which gives white colour. This increases susceptibility to UV rays and over a period of time PVC becomes yellowish and brittle.
Last edited by Visualizer on July 16th, 2021, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Good to hear that. I was tempted to go with that chinese wooden vendor.
I saw that being deployed at one place. And I found the slide was not very smooth. And the window felt very light in weight.
That got me thinking if I should go for it.
I think I will go with either Veka or Madhu.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Hi,
Looking for UPVC dealers in Bangalore for our new house wherw construction is in progress. Need to choose between Madhu Industries (Gottigere) and Veka (Manufacturing is Very close to my home) UPVC windows. Kindly provide me suggestions on which brand to go for. Basically looking for long time reliability.

Thanks,
Ramki
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

location of manufacturing should be least concern as you need not go there except may be once if you are curious and want to check how do they manufacture.

Check quality and price ask and compare not just basic profile and glass rate but various options like 8mm or 100m toughned glass double glass etc so that whe you are actually ordering you are sure pricing is right.

Not just in UPVC but in any product companies have one or two anchor products which are aggressively priced to attract customer but other options may tilt the comparison.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

I have decided to go with Veka. Based on feedback, I believe both are of similar quality. I personally visited Veka's display centre and found them to be of decent quality.
Like Visualizer mentioned the final price will depend on multiple factors like- profile, glass, with/without mesh, nylon/steel mesh. glass thickness/ toughened? and also window design.

Return to “Interiors”