Interior carpenter labor prices

msn1270

Re: Interior carpenter labor prices

Post by msn1270 »

Priyag,
Cost of wardrobe depends on the materials they use (Ply+Laminates+Hinges Grade & Brand), which makes a major cost.
Process cost is same, whether you use Marine Grade Ply or just Particle Board.

For Rs. 1,200/sq.ft, I feel, they use an average BWP PLY Board(Non-Branded), 0.8 mm Laminates & Local Hinges.
If you can give the material details, I can give clear details.
priyag

Post by priyag »

Hi,
Yes, the specifications are more or less as u mentioned. Outside 1mm laminate (Marino/Century), Commercial Ply- full red one (brand not mentioned) and rest as u said. The cost includes... Manufacturing, transportation and Installation! Moreover how do v ensure if they have used the promised ply quality!?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

One way to ensure, they use the quoted Materials for your work is, you need to visit with your vendor for purchasing the materials and also to the factory on the day your job work will be taken up & Monitor the entire process on your own. Based on the agreed work, it takes 1-2 days for factory activity. If your vendor is transparent & honest, he will take you along with him for the above mentioned activity.

Generally they quote 1.0 mm Laminates, but use 0.8 mm laminates. Same way PLY also. They may use alternate brands PLY than the quoted one.
Once the laminate is done, you can't verify the whether they used PLY or particle board inside, unless its dismantled & goes for scrap.
Mahanu

Post by Mahanu »

Hello dear friends,

I am getting some additional/renovation of interior works done for which the carpentar has quoted Rs 650 per square foot (Labour+Material).

Can you all tell me if it is reasonable. You can assume it will not be of high end quality (teak, vineer etc.)
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

its not fair to rate any work blindly. Each work has different materials requirement & Labor efforts. Modular Kitchen, Wardrobe, Loft, Cupboard, TV Unit, Shoe Rack....etc each one carries different price slabs.

"Some additional/Renovation of Interior work" is very generic Term which doesn't describe the nature of work. Kindly provide more details about the works you've planned out. which enables other forum members to give their Feedback.
Raju091117

Post by Raju091117 »

Can anyone suggest good interiors carpenter
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

You can get in touch with Mr Giridhar Lal carpenter who is from Rajasthan on 9636336482. He recently did my Interiors in my duplex house on labour and its come out excellent.
Before finalising any carpenter ask him to show 2-3 completed residential houses where he has done the work and take direct feedback from the owner.
anushk

Post by anushk »

I recently got my interior work done by a carpenter called Sonu pal. He stays near IKEA and usually takes up labour work @ 220rs per sqft. So far he is good with work and completely does work as per our requirements. He also suggested some design which looks good since he usually works with architect and other interior designes. And will also tell us how to save money by using alternative material.

You can contact him for any interior works only.
Mobile : 8618035343

You can refer my name for good price.

-
Anush Katari
pramod_murthy

Post by pramod_murthy »

Hi Anush, thank you for putting up the contact. It will be helpful for many. It would be further helpful if you could upload photos of the work done by the person and your learning throughout the interior work. Learning means the purchase process, brands selected and any reason, etc., timeline, among other things.

Thanks,
Pramod
anushk

Post by anushk »

Hi Pramod,

I have experienced both factory finish and hand made finish.

My experience with factory finish interior work wasn't good. They promised for a good finish and quality but the outcome is different. All interior factory people will promise the best but they know where to hide and make money. If you know what you need where then half of the work is done. Usually a room will have a wardrobe with dressing unit and a study table. So just planning the placement of those with some pictures of design from Pinterest will do the work.
I actually did the same with Sonu. I asked for all his pictures of recent work and formed my own design. And best part is With this carpenter you only give him the amount for work done. Your work is to source plywood and hardware. I happened to meet a good person called Punith, who is a distributor of Asian paint sleek interior. Difference between haffle and Sleek was close 90k. So i went with sleek and Mr. Punith promised me with good warranty which I even tried exchanging a hardware just because my carpenter made it dirty. Where as with haffle, you need to go with a long process.

When we look at finish, we mainly see how good the edges are, you give good time to a carpenter and he does the job. And always draw and show what you need to the carpenter and ask for his suggestion then you decide if you need it or not. You are getting the material so you are 200% sure on what material you have put. Also waste material from this work can be used for other small works.

I don't know how to upload pictures here. You can call him for pictures. He is currently working in sira for some architect and also 3 projects in Bangalore.

Return to “Interiors”