PVC wardrobes and kitchen cabinates

rajeshrao

PVC wardrobes and kitchen cabinates

Post by rajeshrao »

Hi,

Anyone come across/used the PVC wardrobes and PVC kitchen cabinates for the homes. any feedback on pros and cons of these materials.

Thanks
viksat82

Re: PVC wardrobes and kitchen cabinates

Post by viksat82 »

I too was looking at this option.
Reason is it is
Water safe.
Easy maintenance.
Termite safe.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

PVC cabinets and boards are seen to crack in a short time.
rajeshrao

Post by rajeshrao »

As other alternative anybody tried the aluminum composite panel (ACP) cabinets/Wardrobes.
sriram

Post by sriram »

I recently got my apartment interior done with Aluminum (Kitchen, crockery unit, 2 wardrobes (each wardrobe is of 5 doors), Bookshelf, TV cabinet, bathroom cabinet, etc). The finishing was decent and met my expectations. I have been using it for just around a month. So far so good. I have contacts of couple of aluminium interior persons whom I had contacted. I had evaluated Steel Vs Aluminium but did not find any major advantage of steel (steel is more costly) so went ahead with Aluminium. The price of the vendor I finally choose was almost same (or slightly less) than plywood.
Jagz

Post by Jagz »

PVC is a fire hazard.. I would not recommend PVC kitchen cabinets to anybody.
santhusrs03

Post by santhusrs03 »

sriram wrote:I recently got my apartment interior done with Aluminum (Kitchen, crockery unit, 2 wardrobes (each wardrobe is of 5 doors), Bookshelf, TV cabinet, bathroom cabinet, etc). The finishing was decent and met my expectations. I have been using it for just around a month. So far so good. I have contacts of couple of aluminium interior persons whom I had contacted. I had evaluated Steel Vs Aluminium but did not find any major advantage of steel (steel is more costly) so went ahead with Aluminium. The price of the vendor I finally choose was almost same (or slightly less) than plywood.
"can you share the contact number of aluminium interior persons. @9611985828"
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Can you please share the aluminium fabricator details with me too ?

Thanks a lot

sriram wrote:I recently got my apartment interior done with Aluminum (Kitchen, crockery unit, 2 wardrobes (each wardrobe is of 5 doors), Bookshelf, TV cabinet, bathroom cabinet, etc). The finishing was decent and met my expectations. I have been using it for just around a month. So far so good. I have contacts of couple of aluminium interior persons whom I had contacted. I had evaluated Steel Vs Aluminium but did not find any major advantage of steel (steel is more costly) so went ahead with Aluminium. The price of the vendor I finally choose was almost same (or slightly less) than plywood.
saasthii

Post by saasthii »

Please share the contact details.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

When you say PVC does it mean PVC laminate over ply or the PVC sheet/board ?
I saw PVC laminate where 90 degree bend is possible and gives good finish however Carpenter needs to be familiar working with the material.

Return to “Interiors”