Need References on Carpenters and Interior Designers

deep123

Re: Need References on Carpenters and Interior Designers

Post by deep123 »

Hi All,

My interior work is completed by Visambar, he is from UP and did a great job in very low cost. Charged 950/- per sq ft with commercial ply but in same cost he has provided green gold ply (water proof) for kitchen bottom part. If any one interested, his number is 8495969283.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Dear Deep

I assume your is manual work. So cost is not the only factor to be considered while deciding the wood work. Plenty of associated factors like materials, finishing level along with the genuinity of the board is very important. Mainly cost varies for different works (On an average Frame & Shutter is Rs. 650/sqft, Wardrobe: Rs. 1250/sqft to Modular Kitchen: Rs. 1,800/sq.ft). When you take the total cost for a 2 BHK house, it comes to around Rs. 1000/sq.ft from the factory finished work using genuine Ply board along with the mid range Hettich accessories.

So, beside just giving the cost, also mention the below details

1. Ply Thickness
2. Laminate make & thickness.
3. Manual work or factory work.
4. Beading or edge Banding.
5. How did u validated the genuinity of the Green Gold Board ?
(Plenty of locally made look-alike boards available with the same vendor from where you buy the Ply.
based on your cost, they decides to supply you the original or the local Green Gold Ply)
6. Quality of the Adhesive material used.
8. Logistics involved.
9. Duration of the work execution

Also the quality, finishing and Reliability can't be judged immediately once the work is finished.
You need to look at them at least after 6 months of execution and best is after 1 year (One full
cycle of summer, Moonsoon & winter season).
Last edited by msn1270 on September 14th, 2016, 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
I agree with MSN , we should doubt any vendor if he is quoting very high than other vendors or quoting very less than other vendors .
Wardrobe wood work even in case you go with labor contract you will end up min 900/- per sft with average quality materials and finishes .

I wonder what all has been done in 950/- per sft .Please do share some pics or material specs for others to take benefit of using your carpenter reference.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
sudheshpn

Post by sudheshpn »

My interior was done by a Rajasthani Carpenter. I am very happy with his workmanship because he
Completed my project in time and executed exactly the way we wanted. He was reachable whenever I call him for purchase. My Interior Designers were very happy because there was no rework or wastage of material and they didn’t find hard to explain. Just show him the pic and measurement he will execute the way you want. He said he will complete his work in 45 days 3 BR, 1 Kitchen, 1 Pooja room Villa and he did so on time.

Sharing some of the pictures of his work he had done in my house
https://goo.gl/photos/NMpc8fwoqkM2U26k6

Prons
1) Completes work on time
2) Easily accessible
3) Rates are pretty decent
4) He accept both material and labor contract
5) No wastage of material
6) Recommends the best wood/hardware material to purchase
Cons
1) He speaks only Hindi

If you are interested please PM me as I don’t want to break forum rules. He is no way related to me and I wanted genuine and highly skilled person like him to grow. Thank you!
Attachments
a45780ba-a34e-401a-accc-8d823df6ca97.jpg
a45780ba-a34e-401a-accc-8d823df6ca97.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 10246 times
Praveen_07

Post by Praveen_07 »

Hi All ,
We got quotation from factory for the wood work for kitchen and bedrooms . He is charging as below . we are yet to decided on this . Requesting to review the quotation and provide input

Marine Grade Ply With Both Side Laminate - 1375 rs
Pre Laminated Partical Board - 690 rs
Pre Laminated Partical Board (Above Ward Robe Frame & Door LoftPre )- 350rs
Stain Steel Basket- 3000 rs

Regards
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Hi Praveen

Information provided is too less, very generic nature and not sufficient to provide fair suggestion.
Refer my feedback post above, dated 13 sept to get a fair idea about what we are looking to guide you.

or refer http://mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... ctory+made

You need to provide the exact brand & model numbers/name for the materials to conclude a fair Quote.

In my opinion, you are looking at very cost effective solution by compromising the quality and durability.
Hence using very basic materials like Particle Boards.

1) Marine Grade Ply With Both Side Laminate - 1375 rs
Firstly, you may be confused with terminologies, MR(Moisture Resistant) with Marine Grade. Both are different and cost difference is very huge.
For Rs. 1,375, no one can use Marine Grade Ply for kitchen.

usually for Modular Kitchens they quote either BWP(Boiling Water Proof- Bit expensive) or BWR(Boiling Water Resistant-reasonable Price) Boards are used for average quality works. Moreover here also many vendors cheats the customers. They quote for BWR and use MR Ply's while executing the works. A Normal end user can't differentiate the boards once its laminated. Over a period of time you can experience issues.

2) Pre Laminated Partical Board - 690 rs

Mostly this is for Wardrobes. Price looks OK.

3) Pre Laminated Partical Board (Above Ward Robe Frame & Door LoftPre )- 350rs
This is for Frame & Shutter. Price Looks OK.

4) Stain Steel Basket- 3000 rs
Entry level Basket for Modular Kitchens.

FYI: But durability is the issue with Particle Boards. Don't Expect long life. Also damages in terms of hinges/accessories coming out causes issues frequently.
ABN

Post by ABN »

Hi Friends,

I got the quotation form "ID SPACE by HAFFLE". I am attaching quotation for modular kitchen and wardrobe. Also I have attached the Floor plan. Could you review the quotation. They only use Hafele brand materials only.

L shaped kitchen - Length of L shape is 12ft and additionally 2ft+3ft (5ft) top cabinet
Total 3 wardrobe - 2 wardrobe of 8ft height x 8ft width, 2ft X 8ft loft, 1 wardrobe of 7ft height x 9ft width, 3ft x9ft loft

Is the quotation for Modular kitchen is OK. Which part I can reduce the price(like is the accessories prices for HAFELE is OK) or negotiate further.

Any further inputs from other group members?
Revised_Plan_Narasimha_Murthy_FF.pdf
(557.44 KiB) Downloaded 562 times

with Regards,
Ashwath B N
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Few things to check
1.Total sft for carcass (1+2+4) is 50 sft but laminated shutter sft is 54 sft , how did additional 4 sft come?
2.Tandom box front and bottom is not generally added extra since you are already paying 1750/- per sft that too for imported ply ( most times its chinese ply, eurpoean market doesnt use or produce ply at all) .
3. Handles cost is extra that should have been included in the total cost unless you upgraded ?
4. Skirting & legs cost added separate that means your box effective sft billing area should be after deducting skirting - cross check for the same .
5. All the accessories comes with 30% discount , check if they are discounted prices
6. Installation cost is 32500/- making your effective cost of per sft increase by 80/- per sft over all there by
Kitchen @ 1830/- , wardrobe@1520/- is your effective cost and i feel this is on higher side comparing the specs he is qutoing.

Reducing specs and making quote is not a interesting deal, if they couldn't control greenply indian company guys, how can we expect them controlling imported ply quality from Indonesia or china :).

Most modular kitchen guys use haffle and hettich for branding but its the carcass, laminate, workmanship matters more.

All the best for your interior works.

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
saritha

Post by saritha »

HI Sudesh,
can you pls send me the carpenter number and your pics as well
sudheshpn wrote:My interior was done by a Rajasthani Carpenter. I am very happy with his workmanship because he
Completed my project in time and executed exactly the way we wanted. He was reachable whenever I call him for purchase. My Interior Designers were very happy because there was no rework or wastage of material and they didn’t find hard to explain. Just show him the pic and measurement he will execute the way you want. He said he will complete his work in 45 days 3 BR, 1 Kitchen, 1 Pooja room Villa and he did so on time.

Sharing some of the pictures of his work he had done in my house
https://goo.gl/photos/NMpc8fwoqkM2U26k6

Prons
1) Completes work on time
2) Easily accessible
3) Rates are pretty decent
4) He accept both material and labor contract
5) No wastage of material
6) Recommends the best wood/hardware material to purchase
Cons
1) He speaks only Hindi

If you are interested please PM me as I don’t want to break forum rules. He is no way related to me and I wanted genuine and highly skilled person like him to grow. Thank you!
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Hi for.good modular work you can contact Pani 9448065324

Return to “Interiors”