Wooden Furniture

sahu.mgse

Wooden Furniture

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear Friends;

With the great support and superb information bank in this forum, Finally i could complete my housing project and moved to own house. Feeling great :D ....

Now I am planning to buy few immediate wooden furnitures mainly Sofa, dining table & chair, king size bed etc for new house mostly in solid wood. I am really confused with what to buy and where to buy in Bangalore. I had visited Home town and few more store but i found it they are costly. Any suggestion from member regarding shop and information. Mostly i prefer to go for readymade.

regards
Shreeniwas sahu
bloremanager

Re: Wooden Furniture

Post by bloremanager »

The furniture you would get at many retail stores is sub-standard. They usually sell MDF or cheap wood and charge you exorbitant prices and also the thickness of the frames will be so thinner.
Please review your local custom wood furniture suppliers and you will get a better result
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

Hello Sahu,

I am in the same position as yours, moving to the new house by May end. Looking for new furnitures and slowly started buying other stuff (mattresses etc). Where did you buy the furnitures at last ?

I went to many shops around Banaswadi/ramamurthynagar/horamavu, hometown, @home and so far I felt comfortable with Urban Ladder (Bought dinning table and chest of drawers; sheesham wood) and 'teak and rose' at Kasturi nagar (bought king koil and raha mattresses). For furnitures, the later shop is pretty expensive, but very good quality wood they have, all constructed in Kerala and transported here. When I enquired, i heard that same stuff available for lesser price in Kerala, done directly from wood mills. My friend told me buy it from Kerala and transport is using Packers and movers. I am in a dilemma.
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

Check out "M.D.Francis & Co" very close to Jayadeva fly over. When you come from dairy circle , towards Bannerghatta, take the service road which turns towards BTM, and right there in that service road (facing one side of the Jaadeva hospital's on the other side of the road ) the shop is. Its a small shop but he sells good quality teak wood furnitures. He is from Kerala and most of his workers too are. Its more of traditional design but he has a good collection of model books/photos. If you ask him to do a design of your choice he will get it done. I got a reference from one of my office colleagues and casually visited him. Finally all three of us from my office ended up buying stuffs from him !! He does not have a very good marketing skills, but the quality is superb. He himself says that he can't compete on price with the other new-gen shops , for they selling things mainly made with MDF/Ply boards and people finally end up with the economical choice than quality :(

Pros
-----------------
1. Very good quality wood.
2. Good support for minor issues that you may face in the future. He sent one of his persons even after a year to fix a small issue at my house.

Cons
----------
1. Never keeps his delivery time promises. Expect at least delays in the range of 30-45 days.

I ordered my whole furniture ( I like traditional stuffs ) from him after the house construction. Quality was very good and still it remains very strong and sturdy ( its been 3 years ) . But I wanted them to be delivered before house warming. All he could manage on time was the dining table. Rest one by one ( setty/sofa , cots, dressing tables etc) were delivered over a period of following 1 month :(
sabarishm

Post by sabarishm »

Thank you Jackalbda for the information. I will visit the shop coming weekend !!

Return to “Interiors”