2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

deep123

Re: 2016 Carpenters Labour Rates or interior rates

Post by deep123 »

Hi Mahesh,

Could you please provide the carpenter number who did your interior work.

Thanks,
Deep
mahesh2780

Post by mahesh2780 »

Hello There

Our Carpenter is doing fantastic job. PM for more details
rsk

Post by rsk »

Hi,

My carpenter is quoting 1100rs per sqft for doing wardrobes(box) for using Assam gold plywood and will put mica on top and inside. Any idea about the quality of this plywood and the rate quoted.

Thanks
mohanvp21

Post by mohanvp21 »

Hi All,

Recently I have received quote from one of the carpenter for material + labor work. I have seen is previous project where he has done good job. I just want to get his quote reviewed in forum so that I will get an idea of what is he quoting. Please find below his quote.

Particulars Rate / Sq FT

Modular Kitchen

Base Cabinet 1600 /-
Overhead Carcases box 1600 /-
Tall Unit 1600 /-
Framing Loft 1100 /-
Laminate panelling 450 /-

Kitchen Accessories

Hettich Pantry Unit 12800 /-
Hettich Lemons Corner 34000 /-
Hettich Soft Close Tandems 6200 /-
Jaguar Double Basket 4200 /-
Jaguar Bottle Pull out 3800 /-
Hettich PVC Cutlery 2800 /-
Hettich Dust Bin 3800 /-

Others

Wardrobe 1200 /-
Framing Loft 750 /-
Kind size bed 650 /-
Side table 4000 /-
Crockary 1200 /-
Pooja Room 1200 /-
TV Unit 550 /-
Shoe rack 1200 /-
Gypsum board 190 /-

For Kitchen - Century BWP Ply with Merino MR + laminate (16 mm thickness inside & 18 mm thickness outside door)
For wardrobes - Century BWR Ply with 18mm thickness
For others - Century BWR Ply

Could you guys please let me know is this rate reasonable.

Thanks,
Mohan
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Would like to update all that now brands like century ply, greenply ,archid ply has come up with lower to higher grade plys like sainik , win MR( centrury ) , ecotech ( green ply ) , optima red ( greenply ), greenply , green club ply ( greenply ) to match the competition with other brands .
You need to careful choose the ply ,not just by going with brand but check for actual cut sections of the ply or block board to understand the real quality .
If you are not sure about vendor realiability and quality checks , just go with brands , at the same time don't pay more to contractor just because he is quoting high brands unless he is using really high grade ply from high brands .

Hi mohan
I find prices are ok given the carpenter/ contractor is A-class worker . The same specs mentioned can be done even at 10 -15% cheaper but work quality will differ . Hardware costs sounds high , these are mrp cost but sale price will be 20 - 30 % lesser than mrp.

Few things to cross check while work is happening at site
1.Check for genuinity of ply brand , there are lots of duplicated available in market in the name of high brands
2.Glue and hardware - pedilite brand is know for glue ( fevicol , wood grip ), nails thickness consistency , screws should be full threaded for better grip
3.Joint pins - should use very minimum unless there is no other way to get bigger size ply .Many cases they just join all the cut pieces to make main ply there by cut the corners to save
4.Laminate thickness used - exterior 1mm , interior 0.7mm thickness
5.Workmanship - corner joints , veneer application , laminate pasting using paper tape for uniform sticking , joints and alignments

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Mohan

Labor rates are OK. you can try for another 5-10% bargain based on the volume of work. Meanwhile check out whether he executes the work at your place(Manual) or at factory and then final assembly at your site. pricewise not much difference between them, But finishing is always better in the later one & also its time saver.

As highlighted by architect Praveen, you need to take the exact Model No for the accessories/fittings & the Ply boards to know the material pricing
as each brand will have multiple models with different prices. Also there are plenty of Local PlY's carrying the Branded names. Buying the material from a reliable vendor is also very important.

Carpenter may quote Hettich brand name, but use an entry level model and quotes you the premium model price can have a big difference in terms of price. Generally all these carpenters gives you the material prices at MRP prices. In case you would like to supply them, you can get price benefit.
mahesh2780

Post by mahesh2780 »

Hi Mohan,

I completely agree with Praveen. The price quoted is for quality finish. Again Quality is subjective. I am talking about architects quality finish Praveen was mentioning.

First ply brand,
Century is good but never go with sainik, these are project ply they really look cheap and ARE cheap.

I have used Green MR and Green Gold from omkar near kamakya theater ORR
I am uploading green MRP you can get discount of 5% on this usually.

Green ecotec and century sainik are sourced with there name sticked, this are there to compete with unbranded ply market.

Hettich is good brand and is what i have used. your Carpenter is quoting MRP. The discount is MRP-35%+Vat.
THE NET DISCOUNTS IS 25.5%.
Dont look back go to ISMAIL, Commercial street.
I Dont prefer godown street or kilari rd for hardware as i dont believe those guys.

I am deal Hunter and nick picker when it comes to quality.

If you find a better deal please let me know
Regards
Mahesh
IMG-20160331-WA0006.jpg
jagadish.gn

Post by jagadish.gn »

Hi Praveen, Others,

I am looking for plywood/block boards and confused with the materials available. Though vendors look reliable, cant be sure. I am confused to choose between the following as I dont want to pay more in the name of brand with so much duplicates. If you people are aware of the following brand let me know.

Canply (not sure if its new in market) - 86/- per sqft with 10% discount option (only option is dealer on hosur road next to PES)

Wilply (new brand as he quotes from canply) - 70/- per sqft with 10% discount (he quotes %age of Neem and Eucalyptus is different from Canply. Face one is 0.5mm Gurjan wood in both canply n wilply as he says)

BA Silver Ply - 80/- psft (dealer in HSR layout quotes only 6 people have been given with this - full silver wood used from BA plantation and is fully genuine. no termites or bore will happen. I am not sure if Silver ply is prone to termites as some carpenters say. Please let em know). Ready to take it back if there is any problem

Camel - 65/- psft (Hardwood from same dealer in HSR layout) - he says been dealing this for 10 years now. could not check the quality in depth and ISI certification CM/L number. Ready to take it back if there is any problem

Garden Ply - 75/- psft - hardwood
Tree Ply - 68/- psft - hardwood - both from same company and dealer claims have been giving this for 10+ years and can give full guarantee and takes back the sheets if problem found

Any suggestions and inputs on CANPLY, BA and WILPLY, CAMEL?

Thanks,
Jagadish
mahesh2780

Post by mahesh2780 »

1.Can ply from coimbatore seems to be good.
Other brands which they claim as good as green or century is
Everest
National
Prestige

I have used everest and green myself, everest ply is nearly as good as green MR considering price point and quality. though green MR is much superior.

If money is not constrain then my first choice will be green MR and green gold for BWP (dont buy green ECOTEK OR OPTIMA, these are base varieties of green, a lot of people have negative views on them)

Regards
Mahesh
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

Can somebody share me the Carpenter details with current Labour charges for new House, so that I can negotiate with them with Rates prevailing in Market. My requirement would be

1) Team door (Frame + Shutter) - 4 nos (Main + Pooja)
2) Honne/Red Sal for Bedroom & Bath room (Frame + shutter)
3) Windows (Frame + Shutter)

rgds
Swamy

Return to “Interiors”