Panasonic switches

rajesha07

Re: Panasonic switches

Post by rajesha07 »

Saturday i wrote a mail to havells company regarding fake switches.. I got this reply from them.. I am planning to approach them directly.

Sir

I am Unnikrishnan from the Bangalore branch of Havells India Ltd. It is true that there are a lot of duplicate products in the market and to ensure the sanctity of our brand and products we do have many prevalent measures in place to keep a check on the market.

If you can provide us with your requirement , we can discuss further regarding this.

Awaiting your reply.
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

If you are going with havells - check for your nearest "Havells galaxy" stores
saisuraksha

Post by saisuraksha »

Hi,

I have also looked at Panasonic switches every thing is good. Cost is also Ok. But we dont know if they close the business then its a problem for us.

So i went to legrand, which has a good history and track record.

If you are looking for budget switches go for Anchor Roma if you wanted little highend go for Legrand.

Regards
Sai Suraksha.
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

is't it correct that Panasonic bought Anchor and they are here to stay..., how do rate smoothness of operation between Vision vs Legrand
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Bought Panasonic Vision @55% discount from local Anchor authorized dealer in Hebbal
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
You can look at legrand arteor .The selection range is good.The top plates are very attractive and round switches .
Cost wise they are 5% expensive than Anchor roma ( basic white plate vs white roma ).Noise levels are better compared to Roma

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes architects and interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
tendlu

Post by tendlu »

Can we use legrand mylinc swtiches on anchor roma modular boxes?
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

The problem with Panasonic Vision switches is the way the wire is connected. In other switches you have screw terminals but in vision switches it's snap on type, so for the electrician, he has to do more work while looping it from one terminal to other for parallel connection. The quality of switches though is really very good.
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

Just to add, I am using ABB metal box for Panasonic Vision switches. Advantage is ABB boxes have an option to make the front face plate straight even if the box is not. Another advantage is if the box is slightly coming out of the wall, due to the groove in the wall not being deep enough, there is enough metal before the pins to grind and make it even with the walls.
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

Panasonic "vision" switches are leagues ahead in engineering design ,appearance and reliability and that too its Japanese. (definitely different from the ones from Anchor Stable). Contrary to what msananthu said , wiring with Vision switches is atleast integer multiple faster than the screw terminal. I have personally verified it by wiring a few , terminal type wiring is a mess. we had over 250 5a switches and sockets installed very quickly . Each switch has 4 terminals 2 for looping all snap on type . (Check the image in the brochure).
More than that it is designed for safety , Safety comes from the point that none of the copper or terminals is exposed , after its wired you can run your hand on the backside without the risk of electric shock , once the wire is latched ,also it is not possible to pull out easily unless you operate the latch.
The build quality and plastic is very high grade and very rugged . The top cover comes with plastic cover encasing , you can install all the switches before the painting without worrying about the paint or dust getting in.
It is slightly expensive costs 68/- Rs per 5A switch , you can get 53% discount on MRP .

Return to “Interiors”