bathroom tiles

mramki_77

bathroom tiles

Post by mramki_77 »

Dear all,
It would be of great help if you give some pointers with respect to below queries pertaining to bathroom wall tiles and bathroom floor tiles
bathroom WALL tiles
==================
1. Where (more specifically which shops) could I get to see latest designs of bathroom wall tiles.
2. Which company to go for ? My criteria is good quality, low maintenance.
3. What impacts the ventillation in bathrooms ? Does the colour of wall tiles have more impact than the maker? Say that company X and Y are supplying same colour tiles. Does X company tiles give more ventillation than Y company tiles ?
3. What and where are the shops located ?

bathroom FLOOR tiles
==================
1. Where (more specifically which shops) could I get to see latest designs of bathroom wall tiles.
2. Which company to go for ? My criteria is good quality, low maintenance.
3. What and where are the shops located ?

Thanks
Ram
JollyRogers

Re: bathroom tiles

Post by JollyRogers »

You can find bathroom tiles in most of the shops like Chhabria & sons, Hemadri, Katta ceramics, PC Mallappa etc.
These days there are digital tiles which looks great and also requires less maintenance. The costs range from Rs.50 per sq.ft onwards.
From what I have read online, I think the bathrooms looks bigger when you use light coloured tiles. Ventilation is all about the window opening in the bathroom.
You can google the shop names and find the address for the above mentioned ceramic shops.
mumah

Post by mumah »

Hi,
For bathroom tiles, prefer to go to small shops instead of showroom.
Almost all the people keep the same indian tiles but there is a big differnce in the price, unless you want some branded tiles like kajaria.

Just for example- for a tile of 12*18, I saw same varies from 85 to 45(same brand).
For 1x3 price varies from 150 to 100.

So I suggest better look for first at multiple shops and then decide.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

Yes, it is always better to look around when selecting Wall tiles for bathroom.
Let me share my experience on Digital tiles which is the latest trend for bathroom tiles.
I have seen that all shops charge around 50rs onwards per sq.ft for Digital tiles of 12"x18" size.
Since Digital tiles also include highlighters in some shops that I have visited, they price all the tiles (Dark, light & highlighter) the same. However I have seen that for the same brand tile in Bangalore Ceramics, they charge Rs.250 onwards for the highlighter per piece and Rs.50 for Dark and light combination tiles. This indeed is a daylight robbery!
Also for some brand of tiles (from Gujarath) I have seen that the MRP print rate on the box is listed as Rs.250 for floor tiles, however the shops are quoting Rs.560 per box (9 tiles of size 1'x1' in a box'), and they have told me that the companies are printing lesser rate on the box to avoid taxes!! I already talked to the concerned person in the company who admitted this, that this is a normal practice for Gujarat compay tiles. Hence customers are taken for a ride and the shop owners quote the price depending on the customer. So dont be surprised when you order your tiles and when you receive the boxes and check the MRP the prices are almost 50% less than quoted by the shop owners.
I would recommend you to be extremely careful when you deal with these small shops, and people can be cheated easily.
anupmudugal

Post by anupmudugal »

Better to go for branded ones like Kajaria, Somany or Nitco. We used to visit main dealers and company displays and buy from small shops which offer good discount. And also if you need small qty at a later date, the smaller shops oblige for the same unlike the big shops.
sholla

Post by sholla »

I was told that high and continuous humidity in the bathroom is not good
for tiles adhesive. So forced ventialtion by using exhaust fans is important.

In the present house, bathroom tiles are only upto 7 feet. The normal wall
portion above 7 ft looks beaten up. I am thinking of doing full wall length
tiling. Any problems here ? Can we do some cost cutting by using cheaper
tiles above 7 ft ?
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

Should I go for highlighters for my attache bathrooms which are small ( 4 * 4 feet) - will that give good look or should I stick to plain pattern - Please give inputs.
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

can any one recommend a shop(branded tiles) that sells highlighters and tiles of same price ?
I have seen few showrooms which had highlighters starting from 300/- for 12*18 size
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

i suggest

Ceramique Kumara Park West, Bangalore (080) 23447830 No.25/3, Near To Bda Complex & Corporation Bank, Serpentine Road, Kumara Park West, Bangalore - 560020

tile are start from low and up to 16000/sqft, very specific and unique collection within bangalore. what i am doing is bought some inexpensive tile for whole bathroom with 70-80 rs and kept some amount for each bathroom only for HIghlighter tiles
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

Does that mean for branded tiles - Highlighter tile is expensive. ( starts around 300/-)

(Saw few shops with un-branded material , both plain tails and highlighters come in same rate).

Return to “Interiors”