Modular Kitchen

amit_pearl2

Modular Kitchen

Post by amit_pearl2 »

I am looking for good place to get modular kitchen for my flat. the size of kitchen is 10 by 8

I have no idea on how much it would cost me , durability, material used etc. I thought 1 lakh could be
enough for modular kitchen. My friend said, i may not get modular kithcen at 1 lakh. I did read in local
news paper "modular kitchen starting with 50 or 60 K."

any input/shop/ price, etc would help.

Thanks
Amit.
blrsiteseeker

Re: Modular Kitchen

Post by blrsiteseeker »

the starting at prices are for very basic cabinets - they won't have all the pullouts, trays etc.

The cost really depends on the materials selected, the design and hardware. For you to come up with an estimate, first try and draw the plan that you think would be needed in terms of storage etc. for your family (based on your daily habits). then use that as a guideline to get a final drawing (most modular kitchen companies will draw it for free), then you can get estimates based on that drawing.

My kitchen is 14x14 and I have cabinets on 2 walls about 28 running feet for base cabinets, and for wall 15', and over the wall cabinets again there is about 20' feet of cabinets with shutters. that cost me rs. 1.4 lakhs. I did not go with the companies, got a carpenter to make it for me. He did a fairly decent job I would say. We went with very simple hardware (nothing fancy or expensive), but got lot of baskets and trays etc. Here is sample picture if you think it will help.
Attachments
DSCN4487.JPG
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Thanks Siteseeker. thats a nice a spacious kitchen. let me work out the way you are mentioned. Get the design and compare the prices for same material and hardware.
Zuari kitchens seem to be at competative price. Godrej may be reltively expensive. this weekend i plan hunt more on kithchens.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

when I was comparing - I think most all of them came out pretty close in price. THe reason I went with the carpenter was the time to complete. I wanted it completed quickly and Prestige and another one (I forget the name now) both said it would take about 2 months to deliver and install. Since I had the carpenter in house, while we were still building the kitchen, there was an advantage - both the construction folks and he interacted to adapt according to any changes etc. It worked out quite well in that sense.
avani9

Post by avani9 »

Hi blrsitseeker,

the kitchen looks lovely.U did a good job.

Need ur advice as u have been doing woodwork at ur home.

I have bought a home to live (not for renting)in which kitchen is already done by a carpenter.

Need to deicde whether to go for readymade wardrobes(costs under 50k) or getting woodwork (got a rough quote -5/6 lacs).

If I use 5/6 lacs(could go up too) for repaying home loan my emi would come down by 7.5k per month.

as kitchen is done can wait for woodwork..

will it be too much hassle to get woodwork after we move in?

possession is due in couple of mins.

really appreciate ur help on this.

experienced members are requested to help.

thanks in advance
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Avani,

You get ample choices in ready made wardrobes. Zurari, Kurlon come up with some warrany and do last long with neat finish.
These are damn cheap relative to carpenter made ones. I would say life is aroudn 7 to 10 years. this is good enough.

Regards
Amit
avani9

Post by avani9 »

thanks for ur inputs.

I am just in a fix whether to get woodwork done now or later.as there is a huge saving on my emi(7.5k )per month.

Do u think its practical?

Thanks again
avani9

Post by avani9 »

i can squeeze in 5lacs for woodwork

but if used to repay home loan emi reduces by 7.5k roughly per month.

so over a period of 5 yrs-i can save 4.5 lacs....imagine increase of woodwork by 10%---with emi saving i can get woodwork done for free by end of 6 yrs.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

I got a similar estimate of rs. 6 lakhs for 4 wardrobes. I decided to go a slightly different route on that though. We have the wardrobes designed slightly larger than normal, so I could put a wall and a door (as if it were a room). Now for interior organization, I got elfa shelving. It came out to rs. 1 lakh total for the 4 bedrooms, + a coat closet and a utility shelf. I prefer these, since there will be light and air through the wire shelves and to me somehow the woodwork (if you use for shelves) smell after a few years. The alternative of moth balls and cedar chips were not very enticing.

if you are interested, check out elfa at - http://hsw.co.in/elfa_about.html (there is one store in Mantri Mall Malleswaram, but I guess there may be many more).
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

Hi Blrsiteseeker,

Thanks for your info, I will try to find shop nearby my area. Even I'm in same side like avani9 on loan amount.

Pradeep

Return to “Interiors”