Solar Heater

klrajasekar

Re: Solar Heater

Post by klrajasekar »

I have also got the quotations and almost finalised to get the Anu Solar tubular system. If there's a possibility for a group discount, please include me as well.
santro

Post by santro »

For TATA BP Solar Subsidy is getting announced on 1st january13,rates getting revised
GopalSumukha

Post by GopalSumukha »

Count me in guys...Shall be looking for it in couple of months... !!

Thanks
Gopal
rajuraikar

Post by rajuraikar »

me too.. count me in, please let me know the solar heater details, price and when you folks are planning to buy.
rajuraikar

Post by rajuraikar »

I am planning to buy 200lts FPC solar water heater next week, I am confused with TATA BP solar, Anu Solar and Racold. even if TATA is bit expensive though but looks like service is better compared to others.
It would be really helpful if anybody can help me deciding solar water heater.
blrguy

Post by blrguy »

@rajuraikar: Check Solarizer brand as well. www.emmveesolar.com
We are pretty pleased with Solarizer FPC solar heater in our house. I personally felt the solarizer build quality was much better than Anu solar and in par with TATA BP Solar when we got it installed 2+ years ago. Service wise, dont expect anything to go wrong during the initial 3-5 years. If the sedimentation/deposits are cleared out (by opening the drain outlet in the panel) on regular basis, I feel there is no other maintenance needed. My uncle's place has a TATA BP solar & trying to get their service attendant visit was a hercularian task (I believe it will be the same with Solarizer as well) and finally the local plumber came & cleared the blockage.
anupmudugal

Post by anupmudugal »

We recently installed Solarizer ETC 300ltr water heater for our new house in Basaveshwara Nagar. It cost around 34K, it is good.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

hi Anup,

does this one comes with backup heater? will it eliminate the need of geyser in bathrooms?
Please let me know, this can help me lot with plumbing work at my site
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

anupmudugal wrote:We recently installed Solarizer ETC 300ltr water heater for our new house in Basaveshwara Nagar. It cost around 34K, it is good.
Can you please give the reference of your installer. I'm also looking for solar heater now.
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

maheshv wrote:hi Anup,

does this one comes with backup heater? will it eliminate the need of geyser in bathrooms?
Please let me know, this can help me lot with plumbing work at my site
maheshv
I think most solar heaters have a provision to fit a heating coil in the hot water tank of the solar heater. Even the MSIL solar heater my father installed 22 years ago had it.
But think of it practically. Will you use a coil to heat 100 ot 200 liters of water. Even if you do, it will take considerable amount of time and power. Better to fix a geyser and get done with it.
I am thinking if I can fix a geyser on the terrace itself below my OHT instead of having geyser in the bathrooms. and have a control valve to switch between geyser and solar. Anyway we would use this only for a few days a year.

Return to “Interiors”