Solar Heater

maheshv

Re: Solar Heater

Post by maheshv »

@kpb, thanks for the info, your point is valid.

I was also thinking of fitting a common geyser in the terrace as it will save cost (instead of individual geyser in each bathroom), but not sure how to operate it (on/off and switching b/w solar and geyser). One more problem is that we will have to leave the cold water stored in pipe from terrace to bathroom before we can get hot water every time we use geyser, this will waste lot of water.

Now I am thinking of getting geyser fitted in just one bathroom which is common and rest of the house give solar connection. like you mentioned we will use this geyser in rainy season and in times when solar heater is under maintenance. Only draw back here is we will end up having hotwater in only one bathroom.
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

maheshv
you mentioned 2 problems
1. operating the valve to switch outlet from solar to geyser. Yes, this is a problem. We may have to go to terrace to do this. But I guess we have to do this around 20-30 days a year. Or have some electrically controlled valve for which we can have switch in the bathroom. Not sure if such things are available (any electronics engineers ready to design one? ;))
2. Cold water in pipe to be wasted. This is not a problem specific to having geyser on terrace . You have to do this every day even with solar. First bucket or two will be cold. But we can store this and reuse for other purposes.

Fixing geyser in one bath is a good option, but inconvenient if rooms are on two separate floors of the house. Alternately, you can have geyser in the FF batch and have common pipe to GF bath. My current house has this system.
Akalale

Post by Akalale »

I have connected output of solar to instant geyser (3 ltr capacity). I dont change the valve in terrace during summer or winter. If solar water is not hot enough, we will switch on the geyser. This will also ensure that geyser is used to heat water which is already warm in solar heater.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

thanks Akalale, kpb

Akalale, Looks like your solution will work for me too. Do you get sufficient heat from instant geyser?
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

Hi Jolly,
Can you pl share the contact number for solar heater?
Thanks!
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

I have purchased Anu Solar heater, (Tube system), and I purchased this through Dinesh: 9739724205.
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

For how much you have bought ? How much litres.?
amarbs

Post by amarbs »

anupmudugal wrote:We recently installed Solarizer ETC 300ltr water heater for our new house in Basaveshwara Nagar. It cost around 34K, it is good.
Anup,
I believe you get Cauvery water in Basaveshwara nagar. I was told that ETC is slightly less efficient and more suitable for hard water. Any particular reason to go for ETC type?
-Amar
amarbs

Post by amarbs »

Akalale wrote:I have connected output of solar to instant geyser (3 ltr capacity). I dont change the valve in terrace during summer or winter. If solar water is not hot enough, we will switch on the geyser. This will also ensure that geyser is used to heat water which is already warm in solar heater.
I am thinking of similar solution.
Are the instant geysers available with thermostat setting like the ones in storage geysers?
jai_nethala

Post by jai_nethala »

Hi all,
Can I have some contacts for vendors of Solar Water Heaters in and around Whitefield ?
Cheers,
Jai

Return to “Interiors”