Electrical Fittings

sansjunk

Re: Electrical Fittings

Post by sansjunk »

Hi all,

I had done some research and finalized on Legrand switches (MyLinc model which is VFM). My electrician was suggesting to go for local metal boxes but then I decided to go with Legrand boxes itself since the terms of Legrand says that warranty would be reduced by 50% if the fittings are not put into Legrand boxes. I don't remember the exact numbers now but there was hardly any difference in price between Legrand and local metal boxes. I suggest you look into this aspect before deciding on the boxes.
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

this time iwas planin to buy legrand db doublrdoor 12way n the after discount price was rs1350 and also saw havels db doubledoor 12 way n after discount price is rs1000 . ..i think quality wise both r same n design wise both look nice n yes it also depends on individual choice ..n finally bought havels it is good in quality , design n also price ...here it is just a brand thats all quality wise most of them r same

initially i planed to buy basic or medium range materials according to my budget n when i enquired in shop there isnt much diff in local n branded like anchor n havels and my electrician suggested to go for anchor roma metal box n it is compatible with most of the other branded switches so i decided to buy anchor roma metal box n i got 50% discount which is same in any shop near my site and dont know how much discount offered in market
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

hi mahesh,
Do u got 50% discount from Mrp. Without VAT extra right?
maheshvivid2003

@pradeepecr

yes i bought all the materials near by my site n without vat +bill n i got 50% discount on mrp for anchor meyal box n 35 % for havells db box
is it a fair deal?
girishd

Post by girishd »

mahesh,

Can you post the information of shop/vendor from you bought?

Thanks,
Girish
maheshvivid2003

girishd wrote:mahesh,

Can you post the information of shop/vendor from you bought?

Thanks,
Girish

No.5, Near Petrol Pump, Main Road, Kadirenahalli, Subramanyapura, Bangalore - 560061
+(91)-9448154684 | 26664869

this place is near my site n out of 2 or 3 shops this guy gives good discounts compatre to others
girishd

Post by girishd »

Thanks for the info Mahesh.
maheshvivid2003

girishd wrote:Thanks for the info Mahesh.
this discounts r similar to any other dealer near ur site u can nego for more
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

Today I bought Havell's metal boxes with a discount of 64% on MRP. No exta tax. The plastic cover has Havells and Crabtree names and I was told that the box can be used for both crabtree and Havell switches.

I also visited Havells Galaxy in Kanakpuraroad(Vinayak Electricals) and they said they offer 65% discount on Havells switches and 62% on Crabtree switches. I did not check whether this includes tax or not.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

Surely think this is an excellent find if it includes 65% discount without taxes. Even with taxes (14.5%), its a good deal.

Return to “Interiors”