Beware of Greenply

tvsh

Beware of Greenply

Post by tvsh »

I selected greenply plywood for my house based on the reputation and their tall claims of being green and employing environmentally sustainable practices. I selected Green Gold Marine ply and used it for the whole house. I ended up buying around 200 plywood sheets and spent around 5 lac of rupees on the sheets. I worked with their local sales person who claimed "green gold" had 25 years of warranty. When I asked for the warranty certificate, the sales representative told me that he would provide a single certificate for all the purchases done at the end of the project. Now when I asked for the certificate, the sales guy gave me excuses for the delay and said that he would get me the certificate. He did not keep the promise and stopped taking my calls. I contacted their Bangalore office and complained about the warranty certificate, I was told that the sales person had resigned and is under notice period. Now they are claiming that the warranty is only for 7 years and not 25 years as the sales person had claimed.

Even though I have no complaints about the product itself, I felt cheated as the warranty is much less than the promise. I wanted to share this post and spread awareness about dubious sales techniques used by even reputed companies.
msn1270

Re: Beware of Greenply

Post by msn1270 »

100s of brands of materials available in market with differnt price tag and grades.
But lot of personal time and effort required while selecting any items.

Blindly believing the colorful words of the sales people makes our life hell.
Validate the proofs personally & also take the opinion of the others who have
used items of that brand and also make comparison of similar brands before
spending hard earned money.
parkom

Post by parkom »

Tvsh, 7 or 25, I'm sure all these warranties come with riders that it might be very difficult to claim replacement after those years. It is also rare, if not impossible, to find guys who have claimed warranty replacement for plywood, unless it is done within a year. So, while the misrepresentation of the company sales guy is unethical and cannot be forgiven, as long as you have invested in a good product, don't lose your sleep over it.
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Thanks msn1270 and Parkom for your replies.

Agreed, these warranties are difficult to enforce. I expect professional companies to keep their word/commitment, when they come short, we need to make them pay, only then they raise their level of professionalism. I will probably look elsewhere for my needs in future.

Return to “Interiors”