Hardware shop recomendation

magblr

Hardware shop recomendation

Post by magblr »

Dear All,

I am currently getting my wardrobes ,TV panel ,Bed,Kitchen getting done from Carpenter. I need answer to following questions.

1) List of hardware materials required for the above work and any specific brands to buy for ex hinges,railings,handles ,kitchen baskets.. etc...
2) Any reliable place to buy in bangalore for ex like chandra hardware and others....

Thanks in Advance for your continued support.

Regards,
magblr
mudude12

Re: Hardware shop recomendation

Post by mudude12 »

Had been to SP road today for purchasing hinges/handles/locks but came back completely confused. Each shop has a different brand and different pricing. Can somebody please advice me on some reliable shop?
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

hi,
I went to SP road first. But all i found was they are just a bunch of cheaters. Either they sell you without the bill, or if you want a bill, they add VAT on MRP!!! :oops: :o .
Finally, I went to JP Nagar and met an authorized Godrej dealer. He had an amazing range of Godrej locks, and his own range of hinges etc and the final price was lower than SP Road. If you need the contacts, you can PM me.
mudude- i will pm you his contact.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Hardware selection is a very tricky part .It took more than 4 years for me to understand what is good what is not.
Few basic things to understand in selection
1.First check how does a original branded one looks like ( this can happen only in big shops )
2.Get the feel of smoothness in hinges , handles finishes , WEIGHT - very important at the same cheating factor :)
3.Under stand the technicality from a branded item. Types of hinges ,material used in manufacturing these hardware ,finishes
4.Go with standard shops if you don't know how to check with quality
5.Check for the weight of the hardware that shows how strong it is.Usually harware are made on brass,bronze (used in marine ) white metal , stainless steel
6.Top coating often confuse, top coatings can be any thing on different metal with the latest technology in metallurgy. ]
7.Common finishes - Chrome on brass, chrome on white metal , hairline on brass , antique on brass and white metal

Some shops i generally find good

Chandra hardware - fully branded and high end fittings (magnaum, haffle , hettice , ponam , kich etc ) - godown street
South india agencie -fully branded and high end fittings (ebco, magnum, haffle, hettice ,kich,ozone,etc) - godown street
Paramanand - fully branded and high end fittings (ebco, magnum, haffle, hettice ,kich,ozone,etc) - commercial street
metro hardware - godown street & hennur
town hardware - known for brass and classic style hardware - godown street
forgot the shop name - killari road :)
For economical range - mohamad and khan (metro branch)- dead end of godown street
new mathaji hardware - sarjapur road
Vijaya lakshmi hardware - sarjapur road & vartur road
Master hardware - marenahalli main road

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
mudude12

Post by mudude12 »

Thanks praveen. The guys at south india agency didn't provide me materials in retail. Instead they asked me to visit new mathaji/vijayalakshmi as my site is in whitefield. I shall visit them today.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
South inda agency is a distributor for major brands like ebco,archies,enox,inox etc .They sell direct only if you know what exactly you want to purchase with codes.They don't have retail counter for all brands.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
jidhin

Post by jidhin »

Hi,
Did a purchase on hinges from godown street, shop Mohammed ibrahim & co.
For 'Premium' brand got quote as written below
3'' Antique Hinges Rs 44/-
4"" Ant hinges Rs 122/-
2.5'' ant gatehooks Rs 47/-
6' ant G hooks Rs 53/-
4' Ant T.bolt 92

Also Ess kay entrprises also sounds reasonable.

Regards,

Return to “Interiors”