Problems in JP Nagar 8th Phase 2nd Block

inoel

Problems in JP Nagar 8th Phase 2nd Block

Post by inoel »

I am trying to purchase a house in JP Nagar 8th Phase, 2nd Block.
Two main concerns I'm faced with, is the availability of water and drainage facilities.

Availability of water is a lesser concern since I hear some houses with cauvery pipe connections are already getting water. It will take a while for the entire layout, but is definitely assured. Please advice if I'm wrong here.

The other concern is the drainage and sewage accumulation on the road opposite to Royal County park. I hear manhole's are blocked completely, and all houses around rely on "pits". Also, it apparently gets extremely bad during the monsoons. Are there possibilities of this being resolved in the future? It would be a real bad buy if we would need to live with sewage all around!

Can someone please throw light on this?
Thanks!
jackalbda

Re: Problems in JP Nagar 8th Phase 2nd Block

Post by jackalbda »

1. Cauvery water, your assumption needs a slight correction. As of now, only direct BDA plots are guranteed to get water out of which about 70% of the houses ( direct BDA) have started getting water. The schedule is not proper still, because this area is slightly above the Jambu Sawari Dinne reservoir and hence they leave water whenever the level of water goes about 3 meters ( or some figre like that ). The other two approved layouts T.K Deepak Layout and Royal County are still fighting for getting the water connection from BWSSB. In this Deepak layout is slightly ahead in the process as their request is under process with BWSSB. Royal County will take longer to get it done, I believe.

2. Regarding the drainage, yes, there are some issues with drainage but as far as I know that is a smaller area which is a corner portion of Royal County and T.K.Deepak layout, close to the convent there. Again this issue is not as severe as you described as far as I know, unless you choose a plot at the lowest point of this area .
inoel

Post by inoel »

Thanks for your reply jackalbda. That clears my doubts.

Now, when you say direct BDA, it is BDA allotted, and not approved sites right?
I'm considering a house to the right of the road opposite Royal County park.
I believe T.K.Deepak Layout is to the left of that road, and BDA allotted sites (which will get water soon) is to the right. Am I correct?
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

Yes, i meant BDA allotted sites by direct BDA.

Right side of the 80ft road is mainly Royal County and BDA allotted sites. Plots between 4th Main and 5th Main are mostly BDA allotted sites and most of them ( except some 3-4 plots closer to 4th Main ) are getting cauvery water. But any other BDA allotted sites which are in between Royal County sites, are not getting water as BWSSB does not have an easy way to provide water only to those singled out BDA allotted sites in between Royal county ones. Hence if you are looking for cauvery water ,be very careful and choose the plot cautiously , here.
inoel

Post by inoel »

Thanks for your clarifications jackalbda.

Looks like I was a little unclear with my location description :)

I'm looking at 20x30 houses in the orange colored area. I believe these are direct BDA, right?

Appreciate your help!
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

Most of them here are direct BDA. Yes some plots in this area have sewerage problems as far as I know. Here also it depends on plot by plot ( at least for now ) that whether you will get water or not ( because of some missed pipe lining ). Directly go an enquire with neighbours, whether the particular plot you are looking for , falls under existing BWSSB connection.
inoel

Post by inoel »

Sure jackalbda. I'll do that.
Thanks a ton for the information!

Return to “Jp nagar”