Two questions about BDA plot

jackalbda

Two questions about BDA plot

Post by jackalbda »

Hello All,

1. How do I know if a particular area has been moved under BBMP and if BBMP has started issuing Khatha? This is in particular about JP Nagar 8th Phase.

2. Recently BDA ( I believe its them ) planted trees in all the lanes but missed the one where my plot is situated. Who should I contact to get the trees planted? Can I myself plant a couple of trees near to my plot in the road side ? Or it will be objected by BDA ?

~John
BengaluruBoy

Re: Two questions about BDA plot

Post by BengaluruBoy »

John, I'm glad there is another person who is sharing the same thought about trees. I'm in similar situation where they have not planted trees in the lane where my plot is situated. Being a green enthusiast, I'm disappointed to see that our lane is left out. When I contacted BDA, they said we have to contact BBMP for that. Mine is BDA approved society layout now under BBMP.

if you find out any information please share it here.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Guys,

I think, if they don't plant trees in front, you can do it yourself. I remember taking a friend of mine to Hebbal UAS campus where they were distributing saplings for free - for planting on streets. that way, you have an option of what gets planted in front. check it out.
smile16_in

Post by smile16_in »

Any updates on the tree planting in JP Nagar 8th phase....in the lane where I have my site too they have forgotton to plant the tree sapling!!
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

I finally did the planting myself.
smile16_in

Post by smile16_in »

Thanks for your reply. What sappling was it did u plant & did u put a fence around it. Can you please share from where did you source the plant and how much did it cost u. I will try to plant near my site too!
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

I got "Honge" ( thats the name) from Lalbagh ...it costed 20 per sapling...I myself made a cover for it with some poles and a covering cement sack !! ;-)
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Very good initiative pals. Keep up the good work and lets do bits peices without waiting for BBMP/BDA to the social work.

In my case, I Stay in a bbmp area and my road is a concrete road, new tree planting is ruled out. I obsorved around 0.5 ft gap between the Road and the Drainage wall in few spots. I planted few Flower saplings about 3 months back( it was not a right time as it was peak summer ). Out of 8 sapplings tried, now 4 are growing well and started flowering. Now i''ve decided to extendthe same to other places in my road and on to the opposite side of the road also.
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

MSN and others,

I'm glad that many of you are showing lot of interest and concern for the greenary. I think the initiative has to start from educated people like us. I too purchased two neem ( bevu) plants from Horticulture dept's hasiru habba( or something like that ) where they were selling saplings in many bengaluru parks.
other than flowering plants, I think we should also focus on plants that grow bigger for better shades and cleaner air.
tippubabu

Post by tippubabu »

If it is a tar road, can't we dig out on the sides of the tar road by ourself to plant a tree ? If we dig then is it considered an offense and we expect marginally penalized for that ?

Where in and around Indiranagar can we get the Neem tree saplings ? I am planning to atleast plant 2 of them nearer to my place at the earliest.

Thanks,
Babu

Return to “Jp nagar”