BDA TAX Challan for the current year 2017-2018 SMV Layout

SMVSITEOWNER

BDA TAX Challan for the current year 2017-2018 SMV Layout

Post by SMVSITEOWNER »

Hi All,

Has anyone received his/her tax notice from BDA for Visveswaraiah Layout?
I have received only one sheet instead of 4 like every year.
When I went to the bank to pay, the bank said that amount due is 0.
Has anyone faced something similar?
What does this mean?
Is it that BDA collected excess tax last year and hence the amount due this year is 0?
Kindly share.

Thanks,
SMVSITEOWNER
Last edited by SMVSITEOWNER on June 12th, 2017, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skp

Re: BDA TAX for the current year 2017-2018 SMV Layout

Post by Skp »

Yes
mohan_hu

Post by mohan_hu »

One sheet challan does not mention any amount for this year (2017 - 2018) as tax.
Thanks,
SMVSITEOWNER

Post by SMVSITEOWNER »

So, there is no need to pay any tax this year, or go to the Vijaynagar BDA for any clarification?
We can just wait for next year's tax sheet and pay?
Is this correct?
NBHEEDE

Re: BDA TAX Challan for the current year 2017-2018 SMV Layout

Post by NBHEEDE »

Namaste, yes information shared is correct. I had visited Viajayanagar BDA office today as i have not received challan yet and got confirmation that no need to pay tax if amount is mentioned is Zero while they had collected more amount last year however later decision of hike was reverted.
SMVSITEOWNER

Post by SMVSITEOWNER »

NBHEEDE wrote:Namaste, yes information shared is correct. I had visited Viajayanagar BDA office today as i have not received challan yet and got confirmation that no need to pay tax if amount is mentioned is Zero while they had collected more amount last year however later decision of hike was reverted.
Many thanks for your reply.
Relieved to know that we needn't visit the BDA office
GPM

Post by GPM »

Yes, even I visited Vijaynagar BDA office n got the same replay as no need to pay tax for current year as we have paid last year with hike tax amount
but Is any one have that Tax reduction circular/ Publication.. ? kindly share here.. that would be appreciated.

Thank you!
rnaik1234

Post by rnaik1234 »

Even I have not received any tax channel...what should we do next...we have to wait for it or we have to go to the office and ask for the channel
VNarasimhaiah

Post by VNarasimhaiah »

BDA's Office at Vijayanagar is the right office for SMV Layouts. If you do not receive tax notices, you may walk into this office after July 31st and request for the same, they will give you a print out and you can make the payment at the nearest Canara Bank, which is on Vijayanagar Main Road (Walkable Distance) and make the payment. Make sure that you take a photocopy of the paid challan/receipt and hand it over to the same case worker, so he can update in his database and this will ensure that the amount (though paid) will not show up as due and will not attract penalty in the subsequent year's tax notice. FYI: Tax liability for 2017-18 is nil, as BDA has reduced the tax for vacant lots and has adjusted the overpaid amount against 2017-18 taxes. Hope this helps.
RajeshKC

Post by RajeshKC »

Dear Sir,

I was out of town for sometime, i haven't got the BDA tax challan for the year 2017-18. Could anyone guide me to a right person in BDA's office at Vijayanagar for further course of action. Really appreciate your support in advance.

Regards
Rajesh

Return to “Vishveshwariah”