Garbage Issues at SMV Layout

saravanan1980

Garbage Issues at SMV Layout

Post by saravanan1980 »

Hi,

This is Saravanan . I am one of the member in SMV Layout 4th Block association & I reside at SMV Layout 4th Block near BMK Samudaya Bhavan. We are facing garbage disposal issues at our locality.

Residents adjacent to our block dispose garbage in the Vacant Site and there are around 6 garbage points formed.

We had taken up the issue with BBMP and Local Corporator. We have got some support , they have arranged a vehicle which collects the garbage at the door step at SMV Layout and adjacent layout, the garbage clearance happens every alternate day and on our request they have also arranged a banner poster.

The above actions have given improvement but not completely resolved as people continue disposing garbage in the vacant sites.
This is basically due to the mindset of the people about the garbage disposing and they do not care about locality cleanliness. The Problem has to be cleared at the root level itself.

Until and unless some strict action is taken, the problem will not get completely resolved. BBMP do have authority of penalising for disposing the garbage / disposing unwanted things / plastic and other things in open area.

With the knowledge and participation of local Corporator, BBMP Health Inspector & if required even BDA Commissioner I am planning to have an awareness programme arranged ( door to door or some stage programme) about garbage disposal and the penalty.

I request SMV Layout Members to revert with your feedback and suggestions to tackle this issue.

Saravanan
vpatil

Re: Garbage Issues at SMV Layout

Post by vpatil »

Very good work Saravanan. Keep up the spirit. You are very right, we as good citizens should change our mind set and treat the entire colony as ours and better not make it dirty by throwing garbages as & where feel convenient. I am in 1st block. There is welfare association in our block which is very proactive in doing development. I believe we as SMV layout residents should get together and collectively take initiatives and follow up with authorities to make our colony a beautiful place to live in. You may want to like our facebook page to keep updated....
https://www.facebook.com/smvisweshwarlayout/insights/

Return to “Vishveshwariah”