Sale Deed/Gift deed Index mismatch

kishankh

Sale Deed/Gift deed Index mismatch

Post by kishankh »

My mom was allotted a site by BDA in SMV layout 3rd Block and a sale deed was registered in the early part of the year 2004.Registration was done at BDA head office sub-registrar office. In april 2015 she gifted the same to me though a gift deed in Kengeri sub-registrar office.I am in the process of getting the katha transfer done in BDA Vijayanagar office .I am facing issue with getting the latest EC done.
When i approach the sub-registrar indirangar office for EC, they informed me that Sale deed (2004, Index - Kengeri) and Gift deed (2015, Index - M Visweshwariah Badavanige) are not registered under the same index, Hence cannot generate a single EC for the same and was informed to find a solution for the same in BDA Sub-registrar office where the initial sale deed was done.
BDA Sub-registrar says, since at the time of initial sale deed (2004) there was not byfercation of SMV layout hence was registered in kengeri index. Now after byfecation it falls under SMV badavanige index, hence the confusion.

Solution offered by the Sub-registrar BDA
sol 1. Approach Kengeri Sub-registrar and request them to change the index from SMV badavanige to Kengeri for my Gift deed (2015).
sol 2. leave it as it is. take 2 seperate EC for the property and get it attested by the sub-registrar and explain it to the BDA officials during Katha transfer.

I am not sure if Sol 1 is possible. need to go to kengeri Sub-registrar ans see what he tells . and sol 2 seems to be a temporary fix, I might get into trouble in future.

Has any one else faced a similar problem?.
Kindly share your thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks
karthik
kishankh

Re: Sale Deed/Gift deed Index mismatch

Post by kishankh »

Looks like no one has come across such a situation, or people of the layout are unaware of it.
Any ways i finally got the issue resolved. Here is what happened.

Problem : Index mismatch/Correction for deeds in SMV layout.
Solution:
1. Submit hand written application to concerned SR officer and get an ACK on the copy of the same application.(4-5 days)
2. Application is then forwarded to concerned DR office for document preparation. (10-15 days)
3. In case of a deed in pre 2004 era, The correction is done on paper in DR office itself, If the deed is after 2004 April, then your file is forwarded to IGR (computer section) for correction on the Server. (15-20 days).
4. Apply for an EC to find out if the update has happened.

This is an unconventional service ( mistake in the database of revenue department), the time frame mentioned is out of my experience and the officers are not bounded by any time frame.

Narration of my personal experience on the same.

As a first step i went back to the layer/Agent who got the gift deed done to see if he can provide me a solution for this mess.
He charged me Rs 500 for the inquiring about the same and after a week told me that he spoke to Kengeri SR and that nothing can be done about this, every one in the layout has the same problem and we need to live with 2 different EC's for the same time period.

I decided to cross verify the same with Kengeri SR and he instead told me to submit an application stating the discrepancy and that it would take 15 days to rectify the same in their data base.
One inquiring on why this was overlooked during the execution of Gift deed, I was informed that this was nothing unusual and the same would have been corrected if i had ensured that EC for the same was submitted at the time of Gift deed. So looks like the Layer-cum-agent that had done my gift deed had bribed the officer to overlook some documents , hence this confusion.

Kengeri SR accepted my hand written application to correct the Index mismatch in Sale and Gift deed, and on personal request shared his mobile number to inquire after 15 days.
Called up the Kengeri SR after 20 days, He confirmed that no update has happened yet and that the application has been forwarded to DR (In my case its Jayanagar DR) and inquire about the same in DR or IGR office and also suggested to inquire in person to help fasten the process.

A month after my application : After a few calls to IGR and DR office i was told that my application is at DR office. The officer told me that he has finished his job and the application will be forwarded to IGR for correction. Since the sale deed was done post 2004( computer era fro sub registrar office) the correction has to be done at IGR computer section only. Officer also told me that the application will now be forwarded to IGR and the update should happen in a week or so.

After a week: Called IGR office to find out the application has not yet reached. Called DR office and they told me that my application is still in the office and they are waiting for the courier guy to pick it up. Frustrated, i inquired if i can personally hand it over to IGR office ( In KG road), for which he agreed.

That weekend: Went to DR office to collect my file ,The case worker handed me my file and asked for some money for "promptly doing her job". I declined to give her any money and requested to never ask for money again from any one else and we got into some useless argument.

Immediately submitted the same to IGR office and got an acknowledgement for the same.

After regular followup for close to 15 days, IGR office confirmed that the correction has been done.
Called up Kengeri SR, officer confirmed that he was able to see the correction at his end, and now i can apply for EC.

Next day i applied for EC and got it after 3 days, and this time i was able to See both Sale deed and Gift deed on a single form 15.

Fee : Rs 0
Bribe : Rs 0
Time taken : 5 to 10 Mins every week and 1 hour on a Saturday to travel from DR to IGR office
Satisfaction of executing a complex job in revenue department without bribe: Priceless.

regards,
karthik

Return to “Vishveshwariah”