EC and Khata Transfer

kssandeep

EC and Khata Transfer

Post by kssandeep »

Hello friends,

I recently purchased a plot in SMV Layout 2nd block. I needed help in obtaining the EC and BDA Khata transfer in my name.

Can some please tell me the details of the forms and the exact procedure to get these two activities done. I have spoken to an agent and they indicated that they can get the khata transfer done at a cost of Rs. 6000. However, I want to get this activity done on my own, preferably without paying a bribe ;)

So please provide a detailed procedure for getting EC and BDA Khata Transfer.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards
Sandeep
prem_shankar

Re: EC and Khata Transfer

Post by prem_shankar »

For EC: Apply in sub-registrar office. There will be a form which you need to fill (Site details, address, dates from when EC is required etc.) Usually they will take one week to issue if you don't bribe.

For Khata transfer: Go directly to the BDA office and get the form and request letter for khata transfer. You will have to give a copy of the sale deed, copy of existing khata, 2 photographs. They will tell you the procedure. Khata transfer comes under "sakala" and you can get it done in 30 days. If you bribe (you need to bargain though), then you can get it done in 2-3 days.

Btw, what's the rate psft you paid in 2nd block?
greenday

Post by greenday »

Paying bribe is not necessary for BDA Khata transfer. We got it done last month. It took around 3 weeks totally, but neither did the BDA official ask for bribe nor did we pay it :) There were totally 3 visits to the BDA office - one to collect the form, second one after 2 weeks to check if the khata was ready(he collected property tax during this visit) and the last visit to collect the khata.
pyaretaj

Post by pyaretaj »

Lucky ones who are fluent in speaking Kannada and aware about the procedures can get things done without difficulties. I too obtained EC and Khata transfer done last month for my 30x40 plot in 2nd Block of SMV layout, but had to go through agent and sadly pay bribe to complete the process in time. This is because I am not too fluent in Kannada and also I had less time to get things done due to my short visit to Bangalore, even though I am a Bangalorean and I love my city and its habitants. I paid a visit to BDA office in Vijayanagar along with my agent. The staff was co-operative and replied to our queries. They did not ask for bribe directly but they showed that lust to get bribe by saying that they are ready to help in getting things processed faster. I had no other choice but to avail the benefit of situation. I got my EC, transfer of Khata and upto-date tax paid within a week's time by just doing nothing, except to sign the form and and submit 2 photos.
kssandeep

Post by kssandeep »

Thanks all for the information provided.

I am heading today to sub-registrar office and BDA office for the EC and Khata transfer. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

@prem_shankar: The site i purchased was from direct allottee, but there was a re-seller in between. So from my perspective, I paid Rs.3625 psft.

Regards
Sandeep
pyaretaj

Post by pyaretaj »

Rs. 43.5 Lakhs in 2nd Block looks too high at current juncture, when there is not much development happening in this block, compared to 1st Block and other fast developing ones. Anyways, you need to hold on to your plot atleast until the year 2020. You will easily get approximately 1 crore in value for your plot, if not Rs. 80 to 85 lakhs is assured. This is my forecast, keeping in the view the growth that has taken place with regard to last 6 years period. There will be plenty of houses constructed in many blocks by 2020 and vacant plots will be highly in demand. Cheers.
lensond

Post by lensond »

Hi, I bought BDA approved plot in a layout and wants to transfer the Khata now. I got the EC on my name. I registered plot on my name and my wife as co-applicant, where as I am the GPA holder for her as she is not able to come for registration. This GPA is done by notary, but not registered. Somebody told that if GPA is not registered then Khata transfer is not possible as there is no value for GPA which is not registered. Can some one please help me on this?

Return to “Vishveshwariah”