Broker is asking for Rs. 10,000 to transfer khata.

pyaretaj

Broker is asking for Rs. 10,000 to transfer khata.

Post by pyaretaj »

I have a 20x30 site for sale in 5th block and as I have not yet transfered the khata on my name, the broker is asking me to pay him Rs. 10,000 to get it done for me. Is there any possibility that I can do it on my own or are there brokers who can get it done for me for less amount?

Kindly advise. Thx.
yashmys

Re: Broker is asking for Rs. 10,000 to transfer khata.

Post by yashmys »

All you need is the 3 years tax paid receipt, EC and Copy of the sale deed to get the Khata transferred. This service has been included in the Sakala service by the Karnataka government and it needs to be done with in certain period of time. More info can be got from the sakala website.

Broker is not required at all
smvdvs

Post by smvdvs »

The fees would not be more than RS 2000 I guess., also the old original khata is required to be submitted.
tamya

Post by tamya »

No need of broker at all . Collect the Documents as listed and submit . Use Sakala

http://164.100.80.21/kgsc3/gsc_home.aspx
www.kgsc.kar.nic.in/

Name of the Department:
BRUHAT BANGALORE MAHANAGARA PALIKE
Name of the Service:
Khatha Extract/Certificate
Name of the Sub Service:
Katha Certificate for already processed kathas for data available in electronic media
Whom to approach for this service (Designated Officer):
Assistant Revenue Officer
Procedure involved to get this service:
1. Application form with property details
2. Payment of prescribed fee
3. Issue of Receipt
4. Search Katha details
5. Issue of Katha Certificate
Form to be submitted to get this service:
No form is prescribed. Can submit by a written application letter
Who are eligible to get this service:
Kath certificate to the kathadar of the property only
Documents to be enclosed with the request:
1. TAX PAID RECEIPT COPY OF A PROPERTY
Fee/Charges to be paid to get the service:
Rs. 25/- for a katha certificate
Maximum number of days to wait to get this service delivered:
3 Working Days
Whom to approach as a appeal (Competent Officer), if the service is not delivered in time or rejected by officer:
Additional or Joint Commissioner of zone
Maximum number of days to wait to get the decision of the Competent Officer:
15 Working Days
Whom to approach as 2nd appeal (Appellate Authority), if the decision of the Competent officer is not acceptable or not implemented?:
Special Commissioner
Maximum no. of days to wait to get the decision of Appellate Authority:
30 Working Days
pyaretaj

Post by pyaretaj »

Dear All,

Thank you so much for sparing your time in replying to my query on Khata transfer. Appreciate your kind gesture and amiability. God Bless!

Well, infact I am an NRI working abroad and I have not paid any tax since the time I bought this plot from the allotee in 2007. Now that I want to sell this land for building a house elsewhere, the broker is saying that he will find me a buyer, provided I have to first transfer khata in my name to sell it. Therefore, he is asking me to pay him Rs. 10,000 to get the work done.

I have got cheated badly by brokers before due to my short visits to Bangalore. Taking undue advantage of my problems, these guys demand high brokerage and processing fees. I love my city and I love my Karnataka state, but I always fall a victim to such people who think they can cheat us by taking more then what they normally need to take as brokerage and processing fees.

I request your kind guidance and help in being a friend of mine for future investment and protection of my 2 plots in SMV layout.

Thanks once again.
shubhamshak

Post by shubhamshak »

Khata transfer is NOT included in Sakala/GSCS.

Only Khata extract and certificate are included, which you can anyway get immediately from any CSC (citizen service center).
arti1977

Post by arti1977 »

what is the difference between Khata Extract , Khata Transfer and Khata Certificate ?

I want to have BBMP Khata for HSR Layout site for which I already have BDA Khata. In what category it will fall ? what should be the best process to get it done ?
niarhab

Post by niarhab »

Khata Extract is getting details from the BBMP assessment register.
Khata transfer is required when the ownership of property is transferred from one person to another for any reason like sale of property, gift, will or in case of death of property owner and so on.
Khata certificate is an account of assessment of property owners within BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) jurisdiction.
Santhosh Kumar T N

Post by Santhosh Kumar T N »

Pls do not pay the broker or anyone for the transfer. Its pretty simple.

Just walk into the BDA office with the doucments posted, hand over the same to the clerk for which you will receive a receipt for the doucments received by them. Met the concerened case worker if he/she is available as most of time they will not be available, if you ask, his/her colleagues would say he/she is gone on inspection, god knows what inspection they do. Go on Saturday afternoon's they would be available. If you meet the case worker after 1 week of submitting the doucments, he/she will take you to the officer in charge, he/she would check all the doucments handed over & then they would issue a challan which you need to pay in the bank mentioned in the challan. Pay the same & show them the receipt they would issue the same in a week's time max. from the date of paying the challan. Pls note that the Khata will be handed over only to the person on whose name the site is registered as they need to sign & take it.

Its pretty simple, do pay a pie to anyone.
pyaretaj

Post by pyaretaj »

Dear Santhosh,

Thank you for your feedback on the process of extracting khata from BDA office. Appreciate your time and favor. As I am an NRI, the brokers have eaten a lot of cash from me in form of bribery and charging excess commission at all times.

As I do not always wish to deal with these guys, I am left with no choice but to get things done through these guys and middle men. I have always wished to make good and loyal friends from Bangalore through whom I can seek guidance and information on various aspects of property issues. But to my luck, I have not found any valuable friends yet, but I hope I shall find soon and keep in close touch with one and all.

God Bless.

Return to “Vishveshwariah”