Ideas for spreading mybdasites.com

Sub-forum for web site related announcements. Generally one can find the information about the site updates, server maintenance issues, user facing problems etc in this sub-forum. Please dont post real estate related topics in this sub-fourm.
ragsaol

Re: Ideas for spreading mybdasites.com

Post by ragsaol »

Dear Admin,

I am not sure if this is a good idea. Now a days mobile apps becoming so much popular and each and every person is using smartphone. My just thought, why don't you guys develop mobile app for mybdasites.com? its just a thought comments are welcome....

Regards,
Raghu
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Hi,
The content in the forum is really good. Moderators should ensure it is organised. More importantly, there are so many questions that are left unanswered and we get multiple responses for the some questions. Although responses from each user helps a lot, it would be great if you dedicate experts to answer all the questions. Architects and engineers can volunteer for this and have the questions routed to them whenever their is a post in the forum, so that no questions are unanswered. For example, you can route the question on civil construction to an architect or an engineer. Interior design questions to an interior designer. By doing this the user will be assured he has got the best advise.

regards
Yogi
bhavesha

Post by bhavesha »

Although i understand the naming "Mybdasites" few years ago, i think it is outdated now.... I would say the site needs to be renamed and anyone who searches for mybdasites should be still redirected (ofcourse !)...I am not sure how feasible it is though....
krish

Post by krish »

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback and suggestions.
Now a days mobile apps becoming so much popular and each and every person is using smartphone. My just thought, why don't you guys develop mobile app for mybdasites.com? its just a thought comments are welcome....
We too are thinking about it but so far, we depended on open source tools heavily. Will take up this issue in our next meeting.
The content in the forum is really good. Moderators should ensure it is organised. More importantly, there are so many questions that are left unanswered and we get multiple responses for the some questions.
I agree that we need to focus more on content moderation, more seriously. But since the site has nearly 19,000 posts now, it'll be difficult for us to do things ourselves. We request our members to raise the issues using the 'Report this post' (inverted icon for every post) option so that moderators can take a look and decide if the topic is placed in wrong section.
Although responses from each user helps a lot, it would be great if you dedicate experts to answer all the questions. Architects and engineers can volunteer for this and have the questions routed to them whenever their is a post in the forum, so that no questions are unanswered. For example, you can route the question on civil construction to an architect or an engineer. Interior design questions to an interior designer. By doing this the user will be assured he has got the best advise.
That is the precise reason why we are allowing all users and categorizing users based on their professions. The registration mails have clear communication about marketing, that we will allow marketing if they contribute to the forum. We have stated the same many times openly also and we are encouraging members from above background to participate and contribute. But very few professionals understand this and are continuing selflessly. Since our forum runs in the same lines as old MSN's bdasites group, we can't invite a company and ask them to take care of answering the unanswered queries. One of the leading new paper group's website does this. But we believe that selfless contribution and education of community members by real estate professionals will help them gain market in long term.

We sincerely want to see the forum used by more professionals and educate our community. If you happen to have any such friends or acquaintance , you can encourage them to contribute to the user queries.
Although i understand the naming "Mybdasites" few years ago, i think it is outdated now.... I would say the site needs to be renamed and anyone who searches for mybdasites should be still redirected (ofcourse !)...I am not sure how feasible it is though....
Yes. It is possible to redirect from one domain name to other domain name, including mails. In fact, we have already assigned a new domain name 'bangalorerealestateforum.in' to redirect to mybdasites.com

The main reason to select mybdasites.com as domain name is to re-create the most active and vibrant community of MSN's bdasites group and continue the spirit of active consumer community in real estate since real estate sector is one of the high profile sector yet most of the consumers are under educated about the sector.
siteinsmv

Post by siteinsmv »

Hi Admins,

I think the name should be more generic as this forum covers almost everything in real estate (not just bda) and covers info about mysore and other places too (not just bangalore)
The domain name "bangalorerealestateforum.in" seems pretty long and sounds like its for bangalore only.

how about something like "myrealestate.com" or "myrealestate.in" which is easy for people to remember and reach out
Just a suggestion :-D

Also, generally people look out for visual information than textual information, so we can encourage members to add more and more images and videos (if feasible) related to real estate ( like layouts, developments happening around, events, structures, constructions, designs etc). This will attract people and will create interest in them to join this forum.

Cheers,
Ramesh
krish

Post by krish »

We shall discuss about the name with all the admin team members and moderators.

Regarding your second point, that is the precise reason for integrating the Gallery into forum.
Already couple of our members are using it.

Currently users can attach files upto 1MB in both posts as well as in Gallery.
But we can revise these limits if users require it.. :)

Return to “Announcements”