Did anyone make to BIEC on Interiors and Exteriors

Sub-forum for web site related announcements. Generally one can find the information about the site updates, server maintenance issues, user facing problems etc in this sub-forum. Please dont post real estate related topics in this sub-fourm.
venkyn

Did anyone make to BIEC on Interiors and Exteriors

Post by venkyn »

Hi,

I visited the exhibition and it was very informative and newer products.
If you visited BIEC for Exteriors and Interiors please share your experience.

Regards,
Venky
toluganti

Re: Did anyone make to BIEC on Interiors and Exteriors

Post by toluganti »

Looks like Krish has been there. Check his blog post: http://www.mybdasites.com/blog/krish/economic_time%CA%B9s_21st_ace_event_at_biec_b-68_sid-b912e4a82fe6be4d0e7d3887f09fc2e1.html
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

I also visited as per Praveen's suggestion and it was very useful esp. since I am yet to build my first home. It certainly gave me an understanding of various options available and decisions that I need to make during construction. It was a lot of info for a newbie like me - summary of key takeaways for those building homes for the first time
1. The choice of color/material for tiles is mind boggling. There was Nitco, Kajaria, Johnson, Somany and at least 3 other tile companies displaying the latest digitial print tiles. I was specifically looking for anti skid/Matt finish wood looking option and found one in Johnson that was as low as 80 Rs/Sq feet. Various interesting options in stone cladding for elevation as well. I was still deciding between tiles/marble/granite and I am now almost sure that I will go for tiles for most part of my house given the choice available
2. After visiting the UPVC window stalls (esp. Finesta's wood finish type windows), I am almost deciding on UPVC rather than wood. There was one German UPVC company and an LG brand UPVC also at the event.
3. There were whole lot of options for sanitary ware and shower panels etc, ranging from basic 3-4 K washbasins to 1.5 L digital shower panels. It gave me an idea of where to/where not to splurge money for my needs. (I am planning to go for mid range models). There was hindware and a bunch of fancy foreign brands (forget the names)
4. Lagrange's modular switches gave an idea of various advances in switches (round switches looked nice).
5. Found some options for PVC pipes- sounds like this is a norm and GI is out?
6. Asian paints had a stall around wood paints that can be applied on top of veneer/ply. Interesting concept- though I am unlikely to go for it
7. Various kinds of roofing materials that are water resistant and heat resistant etc. Not sure if these are required for Bangalore but interesting concept (which is neither hot nor does have heavy rains).
8. Ready made doors like Niki. Not sure if these are good- at least an option to consider
9. One home lift company- sounded very expensive for my requirements.
10. Home automation companies- interesting ideas - but did not feel that I need them.
11. Home security- did not find anyone in this category- was eagerly looking for one.

Collected a bunch of brochures- need to go through it when I get time.

Ram
chakra_krish

Post by chakra_krish »

Can you pls share more about Different type of Cladding materials for outside elevation, Supplier details and price levels
Srikrishna
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Here are the details I could reconstruct from brochures:

1) UPVC windows/doors:
LG Hausys www.lghaysys.com
Fenesta: www.fenesta.com
Lingel: www.lingelwindows.com

2) Tiles:
Nitco: www.nitco.in
Kajaria: www.kajariaceramics.com