percentage of carpet area

arkolli

percentage of carpet area

Post by arkolli »

Hi,
I need a small help. I am about to finalize one flat for buying which is under construction now. It is near to the Sai baba Ashram,whitefileld.The saleable area is 1050sqft, and when calculated the carpet area from the brochure given , it is coming as 740sqft including wash area, and balcony. Kindly advice, am i getting the sufficient carpet area comapred to the saleable area. Also, the MBed room size mentioned was 10"x12.6". Is it reasonable or appears to be small? Price they quoted was Rs2000 psqft. So far i looked at the price advantage. Kindly anyone clarify me on the carpet area percentage?
santosh_vp

Re: percentage of carpet area

Post by santosh_vp »

The carpet area/super built area would be useually be more that 75%. In your case it is quite less. Do you have bigger common area? I think you can check with your architect about the common area size to confirm the same.
arkolli

Post by arkolli »

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your suggestion.. I would meet the architect this weekend and confirm with him.BTW, do we get a decent 2BHK with that carpet area. It is still under construction. Not able to visualize how exactly it looks like . Thats why worrying abt that.

Thanks,
Anil
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Anil,
What i understand is this way
740+15% of 740 = 851 super built up area
851+23.5% of sba =1050 sft salable area
Now you need to check if you got 23.5% of worth common areas and facilities ,in general for all the small apartments they charge 20% of super built up area as salable area.
15% of carpet area as super built up is ok %.It varies from 10-15% depending up the design efficiency .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
arkolli

Post by arkolli »

Hi praveen,

Thanks for the information. I will ask all these details once i meet the builder.

Regards,
Anil.

Return to “Apartments”