Farmhouse construction

sansjunk

Farmhouse construction

Post by sansjunk »

Hello all,

I have bought a small plot of land in a managed farmland project toward north Bengaluru. The land is close to Hindupur. I am now thinking of building a small farmhouse there. Regarding this I had a few preliminary questions, it would be great if someone with knowledge about this can throw some light.
  • As per the law the farmhouse should not occupy more than 10% of the total land area. Apart from adhering to this, is there any kind of approval to be sought before starting construction?
  • I wish to go a turnkey or full contract. As the area is quite remote getting someone to take up the project may be challenging. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts in that area?
msn1270

Re: Farmhouse construction

Post by msn1270 »

What is the size of the construction in your mind say 1000sq.ft /small/big ?

what is the kind of construction you are planning? just a ground floor simple building with sheet roof or a traditional nature friendly duplex building?
sansjunk

Post by sansjunk »

msn1270 wrote:
November 29th, 2023, 8:34 am
What is the size of the construction in your mind say 1000sq.ft /small/big ?

what is the kind of construction you are planning? just a ground floor simple building with sheet roof or a traditional nature friendly duplex building?
Thank you for the quick response. I am looking at a small and cozy house of about 800 to 1000 sqft. One or 1.5 BHK. As it would be a second home, I don't want to spend a lot on it, and want to keep things simple and easy to maintain. That region is quite arid through the year, and hot in the summer, so sheet roof is not an option I guess. Perhaps a sloping roof with tiles would be a budget option. Yes, I do want to keep it as natural as possible, but it should be easy to maintain.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi sansjunk ,

We are currently designing & executing a farm house at sholagiri in managed farm land project. usually in farm lands to build a farm house you need local panchayat permission. You can use conventional method of construction and go for ethnic/traditional/eco stylization using mud plastering, recycle concepts etc. Don't risk with metal sheet roof in hot & dry climate, instead opting for Mangalore tiles, filler slab, thatched roof would be better option.
Turnkey style of contract is all good as long as you have complete design in hand ready.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects & Interior designers
www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
www.ardesarchitects.com

sansjunk wrote:
November 28th, 2023, 7:52 pm
Hello all,

I have bought a small plot of land in a managed farmland project toward north Bengaluru. The land is close to Hindupur. I am now thinking of building a small farmhouse there. Regarding this I had a few preliminary questions, it would be great if someone with knowledge about this can throw some light.
  • As per the law the farmhouse should not occupy more than 10% of the total land area. Apart from adhering to this, is there any kind of approval to be sought before starting construction?
  • I wish to go a turnkey or full contract. As the area is quite remote getting someone to take up the project may be challenging. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts in that area?
sansjunk

Post by sansjunk »

ardesarchitects wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 2:49 pm
Hi sansjunk ,

We are currently designing & executing a farm house at sholagiri in managed farm land project. usually in farm lands to build a farm house you need local panchayat permission. You can use conventional method of construction and go for ethnic/traditional/eco stylization using mud plastering, recycle concepts etc. Don't risk with metal sheet roof in hot & dry climate, instead opting for Mangalore tiles, filler slab, thatched roof would be better option.
Turnkey style of contract is all good as long as you have complete design in hand ready.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com
Dear Praveen,

Thank you for the response. All valid points. I considered and dropped the idea of container homes due to the heat. Same with sheet roof. I am planning on either RCC or sloping tile roof. The reason for leaning towards a turnkey solution is that I won't be able to keep going often to check on the progress and quality of work. The hard part is going to be finding someone to take up the project.

Regards,
Santosh
sansjunk

Post by sansjunk »

ardesarchitects wrote:
December 19th, 2023, 2:49 pm
We are currently designing & executing a farm house at sholagiri in managed farm land project.
Dear Praveen,

Given your expertise in this area, would you be able to tell me what rate should I expect given the remote location away from big cities? I think transportation and labour would cost more. So for a medium cost house (say tiled roof) what I expect the approximate rate/sft?

Regards,
Santosh
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi, sansjunk
usually farm houses with finer details will cost in a range of 2300/- to 2500/- per sft. If you go with basic versions of tile roof it will start at 1700/- per sft.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “Civil Construction”