undulation on new wall

anushk

undulation on new wall

Post by anushk »

Hi, I just constructed my new house and after shifting i get to see to many undulation on a wall which has 3 coat wall putty and 2 coat paint. I am really not happy seeing it. Is there better way to repair such walls ?
ardesarchitects

Re: undulation on new wall

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Anushk
If you are observing undulations even after 3 coat putty its mistake from painter & mason. Painters first job is to find out any undulations that he cannot cover in putty and it needs mason plastering rework. If painter won't talk about the same while doing the job it means they both are in tandem.
Did you use royal touch paints ? in case of royal touch small undulations also seen very prominently when lights are on. That's the very reason one should verify the walls using a tube light running along the wall, once painter says he has finished leveling the walls.

To fix the mistakes now you need to check with painter first if it can be adjusted in putty or it needs mason intervention. Coordinating both is must, filling too much putty is not recommended and it will lead to cracks sooner or later. Doing the same while you stay in the home is a nightmare.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
www.ardesarchitects.in ( Re launching soon )
anushk

Post by anushk »

Hi Praveen sir,

I had got the work done by a stupid engineer who never checked the walls and also the painter says he works for Asian paint but still his work is worst.

I have used Asian paint premium. I spoke with painter and he said adding 3 more coats of putty will make the wall better but I am actually worried about cracks and peeling.

Sir, do you think we can apply gypsum plastering on top wall putty and level the walls?
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Anushk
Unless we see the amount of putty already applied we cannot recommend for addition putty or gypsum plastering as the higher thickness will surely lead to cracks and flakes soon.
If earlier good amount of putty is done then i recommend to get hard grinding done at pain points and do touch up putty . Hard grinding will touch the original wall plastering, this will solve the major undulated area.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
www.ardesarchitects.in ( Re launching soon )
anushk

Post by anushk »

oh, fine. Will get it checked by a good painter. Thankyou
venshu19

Post by venshu19 »

Hi there,

If undulations can be noticed even after a couple of coats of putty and paint, the underlying render/plaster is the culprit. If the undulations are only on one wall, you could replaster the wall - a cumbersome, dust-generating and expensive exercise - or repaint it with textured paint and make it the feature wall. If the undulations are al over the house, on most of the walls, I'm afraid you may have to re-plaster and repaint the walls.
anushk

Post by anushk »

I got my walls checked by a different painter and he said plastering is done but they haven't brought it to proper level.

Return to “Civil Construction”