WEST facing 30X40 plan review

Post by kk55340 »

Hi All,

Need expert opinion on my housing plan, my requirements are as below
site : West facing, 30x40
Reqquirements
Ground Floor : 2BHK with one car parking needed
FIRST Floor and Second : Duplex
FF : Two small/ medium size bedroom for old age people, Kitchen, utility, stairs to second floor,
Two attached bath, living room

I have worked one with designers but-- somewhere I think plan can be made better.
specially with respect to stair placement in first floor and Living room - not enough space is my feeling, could you please suggest something better : for ground floor and second please.

third floor plan is not yet finalizaed so please share reviews on ground and first floor placement please.
Attachments
kkRev4.pdf
(85.3 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
kk55340

Re: WEST facing 30X40 plan review

Post by kk55340 »

I have reworked plan and I am almost ok with current layout, need review if there are any issues with the plan.
Attachments
Version_6.pdf
new plan
(169.55 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

200 views but no replies- kindly provide few inputs.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi, KK
Here are my few observations, design is very subjective so all my observations may or may not applicable to your requirement.

1.External stairs is only 3' wide in gf and it turned to 3'6" which is not possible. 3' wide after railing is fixed will be 2'6" there by a big compromise
2. 3'6" & 3' set back in ground floor is not required unless you want to cut down the construction area.
3. In a bedroom of 8'x9' after you place bed and wardrobe one cannot walk next to bed ( 5' bed + 2' wardrobe ).
4. None of your wall grids are compatible for column grid, this will lead to extra steel consumption.
5. Kitchen is 9'x9' but your counter space is only 14' length, instead you can get up to 20' by realigning the counter positions
6. Kitchen doesn't have utility, there by you need to wash all the vessels next to stove which is just 2-3' away.
7. Window positions will create more compromises in the plan line in bedroom you don't have option other than placing windows behind bed there by you need to climb bed to operate the same.
8. Your floor plan has every room that you need but no room is efficient in terms of space management.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects

Return to “Civil Construction”