Please help me if contruction quote is good or bad? Please

digvisin

Please help me if contruction quote is good or bad? Please

Post by digvisin »

Hello everyone. I've been a long time lurker of this site and finally decided to construct our house.

Plot Size - 1500sqft
Package Built Up Area - 3200sqft
Total Built Up Area - 4000sqft
Total Cost Quote - 62,18,000

Construction Requirement Details:

Ground Floor - Small 1bhk with maid quarters.
1st and 2nd - Floor with 4 BHK Duplex

Please find the attached quote - Please suggest in what places we can improvise and also save costs. This is a lengthy quote, but please I request all experts to share their feedback. I am new to this.
Attachments
Contruction_Quote.pdf
(113.22 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
msn1270

Re: Please help me if contruction quote is good or bad? Please

Post by msn1270 »

As I see lot of works listed as separate and comes with additional charges for them.

Most of the materials used are economy range, hence they've mentioned its estimated prices like up to. At a later stage, based on your choice & selection, all these things gets upgraded at the time of material selection like wooden doors, Granite, Tiles, cables, switches, ...etc. So you can't compromise more on the materials side, which will further compromise on the quality.

For many items they've mentioned "XYZ or equivalent" which is not good, as they can claim any brand as Equivalent whether its paint, sanitary ware, wires, switches, fixture,.etc

Electrical lighting, fixtures, fans, exhaust fan, chimney, ....etc are not included, which is extra.

Modular Kitchen, Interior Wood work, fabrication/grill work, is not included here.

BWSSB, BESCOM connection and BESCOM Temporary connection during the construction phase is all comes with additional charges.

water source during the construction phase, whether You go for Borewell or Tanker water or already water source is available in your area like CMC water connection....etc is not known.

Labor Shed, watchman....etc not included.

in my opinion, you may need to spend at least 20-25 lakhs as extra over and above given quote.

Return to “Civil Construction”