House Construction - My Diary

sunil18vns

Re: House Construction - My Diary

Post by sunil18vns »

Go with this guy ....he is knowlegable and very prompt service for any electrical work

+91 63606 24120 Tapan Electrician

Charges will be around 3000 rs per chadra
rmahi99

Post by rmahi99 »

vijayk76 wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 7:30 pm
Hello All,

Finally Good News and Big Relief.... i really don't know how many rounds/visits to BBMP office, ARO office.... Finally plan is Approved. I plan to start my construction from this month. Its more than a decade i am part of this forum, have learnt a lot from what people's experience. Now is the time to learn more, share my learnings/experience to this Forum. Below are Open Topics....

1) Architect - To begin with i contacted few architects, based on reviews/responsiveness i contacted Furgonomics from Shimoga... got done my 2D, now in process of 3D.... so far the experience with them has been pretty good.
except the fact they are not Bangalore

2 - Civil Engineer - i need more from supervision perspective who can work with Architect and Mysteri who i have decided who to go with. It would be hectic but mostly i would provide material.

3-Reliable contractor from whom source sand. i am assuming steel will be directly from shop/vendor, cement will be again directly from shop/vendor. Bricks... mostly i would go with Apco . their office i guess is not far from my site which is close to Meenakshi mall.

I would continue to regularly update this thread.

regards
Vijay
Hi Vijay,
Congratulations! on getting your house plan approved. It is really great. I have messaged you regarding this, please reply to it.

thanks,
Mahesh
sharath.bhanapur

Post by sharath.bhanapur »

vijayk76 wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 7:30 pm
Hello All,

Finally Good News and Big Relief.... i really don't know how many rounds/visits to BBMP office, ARO office.... Finally plan is Approved. I plan to start my construction from this month. Its more than a decade i am part of this forum, have learnt a lot from what people's experience. Now is the time to learn more, share my learnings/experience to this Forum. Below are Open Topics....

1) Architect - To begin with i contacted few architects, based on reviews/responsiveness i contacted Furgonomics from Shimoga... got done my 2D, now in process of 3D.... so far the experience with them has been pretty good.
except the fact they are not Bangalore

2 - Civil Engineer - i need more from supervision perspective who can work with Architect and Mysteri who i have decided who to go with. It would be hectic but mostly i would provide material.

3-Reliable contractor from whom source sand. i am assuming steel will be directly from shop/vendor, cement will be again directly from shop/vendor. Bricks... mostly i would go with Apco . their office i guess is not far from my site which is close to Meenakshi mall.

I would continue to regularly update this thread.

regards
Vijay
Hello Vijay,

I am also in same boat where I have DC converted plot want to start construction in next couple months. Before that i want this plot to get converted to A Khata.

Can you pls provide more details in how did you get the A khata and building approval. How much fees or bribe you paid and possibly agent contact.

Thanks & Regards,
Sharath
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Hi Folks,

Updates- Probably after long gap..... My construction would start from 24th. Butterflies in stomach...
considering the fact that i have opted for Labor contract. Since my site is on lake bed, i need to face the challenges with Foundation. As per Soil Report need to dig for 10 feet.... if we dig another 4 feet then we would get continuous water and will turn into Well :) Keep you posted on how it shapes up.

Sharath, Mahesh--- Regarding getting approval - Not sure how many visits to BBMP in my case. As i mentioned initially my application was rejected citing it to be on RajaKaluve… which was not true. I requested to re-inspect... over all 1.5 month to get this done again. I was told my khata was A khata.. i have not idea on what basis they told his... but they cross verified and told it is genuine khata.

The best way is to connect with nearest agent. For example if its Bommanhalli reach out agents who are nearby. if you directly go, then you are like going to place without google map. First check with them if they can process it - get clarity on how much bribe for paying Betterment and how much for plan. don't give more money before work is done.... max 5k advance... rest stage wise.

Keep checking.... with agent... Unfortunately this sounds sorry state... but this is the way to get it.
Lucky you are if the approval is smooth.
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Hi Folks,

Updates & My Experience:
Bricks : Local vs AVS or Apco... I ordered one load of Local Bricks and One load of AVS. Hands down AVS is far better. Agree it is expensive

Shed Constuction: I was asked to get Single Wash MSand. Not sure if Mestri gave wrong quantity or i heard it wrong... 10 Tons :) of Single wash MSand was ordered. I bet max 3 Ton of MSand consumed. I wish i had ordered Double wash.... Lesson learnt...

Earth Work- Since my site is on lake Bed i need to dig 10 feet. Most of the column size are around 6*6 or 7*5
overall in terms of cubic feet 3750 needs to be dug. 30 K is the charges for this which includes JCB, and dressing and tractor to dump soil in adjacent site. This may be little on higher side but considering the challenges with sites on lake Bed, had to shell out this money

Site Marking - Survey People had come- Digital equipment's used all looks good..... out of 12 columns only 7 will be put now and once these are stabilized, remaining column will be taken up.

Steel... JSW Steel So far 3.2 lakh on steel.

Foundation is going to be anxious moment for me :) Will update how it shapes up.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Good to hear updates, best of luck for foundation work.
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

More Updates :
Last one Month Journey has been filled with rollercoaster ... out of 12 columns only 4 are completed, Blame it on Rain, all the Pits lost its shape, eventually resulting way extra material/concrete. At high level my foundation cost would be at least 50% higher. Le's see how things proceed from here....
Considering building house is one time/life-time activity i decided to with labor contract and i am sourcing material. Not sure if this is sensible decision or took up something more than i could chew....

Luckily have got reliable contractor with whom i source MSand,, Size Stones, Soling Stones, Jei and Concrete Blocks.
Rate is reasonable, quality is good. He is very responsive and his Yard is in Huliavu. . Mestri is Make or Break Guy... Touch wood so far have very good opinion about him, hoping this would continue or get better over time. 6 Months down the line i will surely share my candid feedback about Mestri

Next time i will try to upload pictures.
eCUBE

Post by eCUBE »

Hello Vikay k76, good to know your progress in the construction. I am planning for the same. Can you pls provide information on building approval. How much fees you paid and contact details for building plan approval?
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Hi All,

Posting after many days, from progress perspective, This week we are targeting roof for second floor. Then last would be headroom. Various reasons... the construction got delayed. MSand Strikes, Road Digging in layout, quite a few other factors resulted in delays. Targeting to fast track now... lets see how it goes.

Looking for good granite layer. any leads would help. Please provide phone number.

Solar Water Heater : Since i would be installing pressure pump, i need to go for pressurized solar water heater.
this is relatively more expensive. atleast 2 to 3 times then normal solar unit.
Racold seem to give 5 years warranty where as others give just one year.

UPVC - Most probably will go with Madhu Industries.

Plumber :..... Yet to finalize - 25 to 30 K per bathroom. so for 4 bathroom and other plumbing, quotes are in range of 1.2 lakh +

Painter : Yet to explore. Most probably will go with companies tied up with Asian or any other popular brand.

more details soon....

Vijay
kapnoor

Post by kapnoor »

kk55340 wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 4:05 pm
vijayk76 wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 3:14 pm
Hi KK, i sent you my phone number on your message. lets connect.
Hi Vijay

I did not get any PM, cna you reshare your contact numbe rplease.
Hi Vijay,

I am also going to start construction of my site @Kengri soon and I need some inputs from you.
Can you please share your contact number.

Return to “Civil Construction”