ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

manomur

Re: ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

Post by manomur »

As next week is slab, I called the Ultratech team and insisted on casting a concrete cube for the compression test to know the correct ratio of concrete mixing.  The Ultratech team visited my site and casted two cubes of different ratios, i.e., 1:1.5:3 and 1:2:3, and maybe by next Thursday I will get to know the results of seven days of compression testing. I also requested that my architect be present for the entire concrete process on that day, because gang members usually follow the mixing ratio of 1:3:3, which is incorrect, and they are always in a hurry to finish the work as soon as possible, so it is critical that one of your family members monitor the mixing ratio.

Important points to remember,
  • Plan to put drainage pipe in the beams for every bathroom before it is casted. Because I forgot to put drainage pipe in the plinth beam before casting for GF, core cutting is now the only option, which must be done precisely to avoid any damage to steel.
  • Always plan to buy cement at the end of the month usually this is the time the prices will be lower.
  • Visit the material supplier's location to learn about the quality and also to build trust and friendship so that he does not cheat in delivering the quality materials.
  • When it comes to steel and cement, it is best to have at least two vendors contact so that you can get the best price always. Most of the time, you are not sure that you are getting the best price, in case if you are sourcing these materials from a single vendor, initially he will give the best price but later on, in further orders, he may vary the weights to adjust the price. Remember, its highly impossible to weigh the steel on every order.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.44.01.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.44.03.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.44.09.jpeg
Last edited by manomur on November 22nd, 2022, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
manomur

Post by manomur »

My experience during the visit to the material supplier (crusher) and RMC site.

My neighbor is also constructing the house, which is at the same stage and we both plan to put on the roof next week. As we are sourcing the materials from the same supplier, we visited the crusher site, which is near Shoolgiri. We were completely satisfied with the material quality that was delivered to us, and at the same we were surprised to see the quality of M-sand delivered to RMC even including braded ones. The person in charge insisted on our going to the RMC site and inspecting the materials at the dump yard. As my neighbor was planning to go with RMC for a slab, he was thinking of changing his mind, so accordingly, we planned to visit the branded RMC site.
So as per his advice, we both visited the RMC site, checked the quality of the sand, and found that the crusher's words were true. For residential concrete, they use air wash M-sand, and upon asking about double wash sand, they showed me the sand that they use in mixing for metro projects. This is again single washed, and the price for using this sand in a concrete mix is significantly higher than the price for air washed sand concrete. So, its was eye opening for us especially to my neighbor who was planning to go for RMC concrete.
I insist that people who want to prefer RMC visit their site and double check the quality of the material they use for mixing.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.33.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.31.17.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.31.16.jpeg
manomur

Post by manomur »

Some more pics from crusher plant..
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.36.48.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 11.36.47.jpeg
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

very nice progress
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Very nice Progress..... Thanks for sharing the pictures....
Stairs : are these chain stairs? If you can pen down... So far... what are two things that have shaped up perfectly.
What are two things that you think could have been better....

For example : Good Things : Got Steel and Cement at best price - JSW steel got at 70K per ton... vs 75K

What could be better : Very slow progress, re-doing of work.
manomur

Post by manomur »

vijayk76 wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 7:47 pm
Very nice Progress..... Thanks for sharing the pictures....
Stairs : are these chain stairs? If you can pen down... So far... what are two things that have shaped up perfectly.
What are two things that you think could have been better....

For example : Good Things : Got Steel and Cement at best price - JSW steel got at 70K per ton... vs 75K

What could be better : Very slow progress, re-doing of work.
Sorry for dealyed reply was busy with my 2nd slab so couldn't reply
Good : Quality of materials goes in is an added advantage with labor contract .. JSW is primary steel which made of from pure iron ore. It comes from my native Toranagallu, Bellary (dist) and one of my relative work's in the factory.
He said they don't use scrap in production of steel.
Bad : Negligence by labour's .. a small negligence by labour can cost you more .
In my case there was cantilever portion of 7.5 feet where the shuttering support must be very strong for casting slab. During casting the slab he forgot to check the levelling of shuttering as concrete carrying lift trolley has impacted the shuttering wood support and my mestri didn't check that part which resulted in 1 inch down and slab levelling is uneven and slope towards that area.
Last edited by manomur on February 14th, 2023, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi All,
Done with second slab and as of now column for third floor has been casted. Wall building will be delayed as I need to repair my 2nd slab. My engineer has given 6 inch slab thickness but my mestri has messed it up , it is only 5 inch thickness and there is to much slope towards cantilever portion due to improper shuttering.
In order to do levelling and achieve 6 inch thickness we are doing retrofitting which may take another 1 week to complete the process.

Return to “Civil Construction”