ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

vijayk76

Re: ಕನಸಿನ ಮನೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭೋತ್ಸವ (Dream house construction started )

Post by vijayk76 »

Is this cost of redbricks? Based the feedback, Apco cement bricks are good. They are sturdy and good finish.

Vijay
manomur

Post by manomur »

vijayk76 wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 2:32 pm
Is this cost of redbricks? Based the feedback, Apco cement bricks are good. They are sturdy and good finish.

Vijay
Yes, I am talking about red clay bricks and I want to go with red bricks only as its my personal preference. BTW any idea about the red bricks manufacturers in Bengaluru. I heard Sri Narasimha Swamy Bricks from Maalur but they are not coming with perfect finish (size). As I heard in Bengaluru SCB (Swamy Chamber Bricks) are the most trustable but need to listen real feedback from the owners who have used their bricks .
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

For this reason I have warned in several threads use RMC as much as possible it works cheaper and has better strength than any site mixing.
Actually speaking if you would have taken a sample from concrete that day and casted 7"x7" cube you could have done 7 day and 21 day strength tests. So called hammer rebound test doesn't indicate anything.

Now I would say for slabs and other major works plan in a way that you can go for RMC.
manomur wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 8:23 am
Update:

My engineer is giving 100% guarantee of strength achieving and he also recommended to do concrete strength test for my mental peace. For this test I spoke to cement dealer and he gave an concerned cement engineer where he agreed to do test (rebound hammer test) but for that the site should be clear as it is completely water logged, so awaiting the rain to stop.
As its too long I thought of pumping out the water from footings by using 0.5hp motor, I am not sure these kinds of pumps can be used for muddy water, any suggestions here for pumping out water ?
Buy sewage sump pump if suppose you have to go for a sump pit i basement buy a SS one like CRI or Crompton the weight is around 20-30KG or if purpose is to use as portable pump during construction buy a Damor 1HP or 1.5 HP single phase plastic pump from Moglix will cost around 5 to 6000 rs. Use it with 1.5 inch flex pipe for outlet.
I bought it during construction and still using it for draining sump pit. Sometimes I think of selling it off and buying a SS pump instead but plan is getting postponed forever
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi All,
Its been long time since my updates. actually speaking last 3 weeks was terrible time for my myself & my family. I have met with road accident and suffered left shoulder fracture and at same time my whole family was sick due to viral fever and we are still recovering from the illness. Coming to the construction its going with snail pace, my mestri took almost 3 weeks for doing SSM and to mention its turned out to be very expensive as it required 7 loads of size stone and around 100 bags of cement. Currently bar bending & shuttering work has been completed for plinth beam including sump slab, so tomorrow we have plan for concrete. I have been making record of every expenses spent towards my dream home construction in a book and in excel as well. Till now I have spent sum of Rs 15,20,755, comparing to other similar projects mine is bit expensive, its because of heavy steel and more number of cement bags were used. As of now 7.5 tons of steel & 673 bags of cement have been used including tomorrows concrete.
Attaching few pics
Attachments
Plinth_2.jpeg
Plinth_1.jpeg
Expenses.jpeg
Expenses.jpeg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
SubbuM

Post by SubbuM »

Hi Manomur
I haven't been regular on the forum of late.
I used SCB bricks for my full house 6 years ago and they are worth the money.
If you are okay with the budget I would strongly recommend to go with them. Keep a watch on the size, uniformity and you must have the right workers to lay.

Subbu
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi SubbuM,
Do you have contact number of SCB because numbers available in online are out of service.
BloreBoy

Post by BloreBoy »

Hello Friends,

I m in a same situation as manomur. I need to draw water from neighbour who is around 600 feet away. What capacity submersible pump would be needed?

Later, I will use the same pump for curing etc. After construction completion, I will use it to pump water to overhead tank

Please advise

Thanks
manomur

Post by manomur »

BloreBoy wrote:
November 16th, 2022, 4:33 pm
Hello Friends,

I m in a same situation as manomur. I need to draw water from neighbour who is around 600 feet away. What capacity submersible pump would be needed?

Later, I will use the same pump for curing etc. After construction completion, I will use it to pump water to overhead tank

Please advise

Thanks
Hello BloreBoy,
Horizontal distance shouldn't matter a lot , capacity matters when pumping against gravity. 1 HP submersible pump is sufficient enough to pump 3 to 4 floors.
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since my last update; I was busy with managing things to get to slab level. Once the plinth beam and PCC for flooring are done, then work speeds up, and within no time, walls start rising. This is the point at which you realize your dream home is starting to take shape.
Even the lintel work got completed, and the walls over the lintel have taken shape, and we are planning for slab concrete next Sunday. Currently, shuttering and steel work are going on, and probably by tomorrow they will be completed.
It took almost four months to arrive at this stage. The Labour contract especially requires a lot of patience (in the rainy season), dedication, and management skills ( construction, work & personal life) to provide the materials on time. Initially, you will find it difficult  unless you have any supplier contacts beforehand, but once you find the contacts and figure out the good suppliers, then it will be easy to provide materials on time 
There will be mistakes made from both ends (you and Labour), but most of the time from Labour But you need to be calm and composed, ensure those mistakes are not repeated, and keep the work going.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 06.13.15 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 06.13.16 (1).jpeg
[attachment=0]WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 06.13.17.jpeg[/attachment.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 06.13.17.jpeg
manomur

Post by manomur »

20221020_174919-min.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 06.17.39-min.jpeg
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 06.17.38 (1)-min.jpeg

Return to “Civil Construction”